DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

Pretty much.

How else am I going to keep up the charade that I actually know what I'm doing when really I'm just better at Googling solutions than everyone else on staff?

Also this:

4a102f0529cd0acddfa88a8dea431001d8e671f9

• Like 3

VEEP absolutely wins tonight.  I've never seen a more revolting conga line of sniveling, lying, pandering, groveling.

That episode should be in the common core for "citizenship studies."

I feel like this was the episode where the pit of vipers has finally gotten around to consuming itself. People have curried and lost favour, been shunned and embraced and now they've all reached the point of mutual destruction.

VEEP absolutely wins tonight.  I've never seen a more revolting conga line of sniveling, lying, pandering, groveling.

That episode should be in the common core for "citizenship studies."

I feel like this was the episode where the pit of vipers has finally gotten around to consuming itself. People have curried and lost favour, been shunned and embraced and now they've all reached the point of mutual destruction.

Until they managed to find the scape goat at the end. They need to get Amy back in the white house, STAT.  Although I guess House is now the requisite adult among the rest of the children, POTUS included. . . 

My favourite part of the series, bar none, is watching Amy when she isn't interacting with anyone (and not just because Anna Chlumsky *sigh*). You can see her physically trying to restrain her brain from flying out of her skull in pure rage and exasperation.

Until they managed to find the scape goat at the end. They need to get Amy back in the white house, STAT.  Although I guess House is now the requisite adult among the rest of the children, POTUS included. . . 

I kind of feel like Erickson is just the beginning though. I feel like more heads are going to roll. They can't have Meyer win can they?

I kind of feel like Erickson is just the beginning though. I feel like more heads are going to roll. They can't have Meyer win can they?

Well they gave her the nomination despite not winning a single primary(or finishing second for that matter), so who the hell knows? They have to plan for next season. . . . 

My favourite part of the series, bar none, is watching Amy when she isn't interacting with anyone (and not just because Anna Chlumsky *sigh*). You can see her physically trying to restrain her brain from flying out of her skull in pure rage and exasperation.

I agree a thousand percent. If looks could kill, and then melt the corpse in a cheap motel tub with a lime solution. . .

At least the setup is more interesting than last summer's "immature boy billionaire might have killed mistress" thing.  I'm not sure it's that great a hook for the season, though.  If they keep last season's structure, it won't take long to apprehend the other kid and turn the story into a courtroom drama.

In general, am I the only person wondering what's happened to TNT?  7-10 years ago, they had a great pool of dramas and might have been the best outlet for original series on cable.  Now, it's rare when I think one of their shows is better than average.  Falling Skies might have been their best show last season (imo) and it's hardly a great show.  Creatively, they've probably fallen behind the premium cable outlets and Netflix.  I'm not sure they're better than USA right now.  Actually, I think USA has a couple shows better than anything currently on TNT and seems to have a better idea of what they want their lineup to be.

I dunno.  Just feels like they've taken a couple steps backward, creatively.

At least the setup is more interesting than last summer's "immature boy billionaire might have killed mistress" thing.  I'm not sure it's that great a hook for the season, though.  If they keep last season's structure, it won't take long to apprehend the other kid and turn the story into a courtroom drama.

Most of the courtroom saga has already been telegraphed though. It is pretty obvious that part of the defense will be that the music of Black Widow (that industrial music artist) had some sort of negative influence on the shooters.