DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-25-15

MGFanJay

I have to think that was the first time Ryder has done a 450 splash but it wasn't that smooth. I did like that he did it since they were pushing (probably reality too) that this was his last and only chance in the WWE

Which is why the 450 was perfect the way it was. It shouldn't look smooth if he's just busting it out the one time he gets a chance to be noticed on Raw.

• Like 1

This is how WWE has always worked with monster heels. Build them up to feed them to the ace, then they fade away. King Kong Bundy, Earthquake, Umaga... Kane's initial run would probably even fit the description too. 

• Like 1

In part, that's why i didn't get what sort of endgame people wanted with Rusev. He could have been "made" by going over Cena convincingly, but he had a shelf life on top of what? Another 6 months? To Mania 32? In a world with both Rollins and Brock? He was the sort of heel that exists to get fed to a guy like Cena.

I think there was more value in holding off the Reigns push and having him be the one to beat Rusev for the US title, then defend it strong for months upon months as a babyface, but that's not what they chose to do. It's very likely that whatever new heel gets hot in the back half of the year in 2015 is there to be fed to Cena at Mania in 2016. That's just the business method.

Bray, on the other hand, with minions and broader acts of deviousness could have had a few year run as a Kevin Sullivan type. That seems a bigger loss to me than Rusev's push, even if Rusev is better in ring.

• Like 3

I kinda want someone to stuff Rusev in a time machine and send him back to mid-80's JCP.  Rusev as another long-lost nephew of Uncle Ivan would be goodness.

Although, Rusev's hair and goatee and way too well-groomed to be related to the Koloff's. 

Well, the idea is that you'd rotate the monsters in and out after the big feud.  Lawler did it all the time.

Where are you supposed to rotate them to? When they were doing it in Memphis those monsters had places to go work and make as much money (probably more, I mean it was Memphis) or more than they were making for their short Lawler feud.

Anyway, I think people are going WAY overboard in the 'OMG Rusev is dead' proclamations.

It follows the Umaga push, in my mind. He debuted, took out a lower mid-carder or two, moved on to feud with bigger guys like Kane and overcame them, then got pushed to the top, ultimately failed, and ended up holding a mid-card title and helping to make an up and coming babyface or two through it. 

Also, I think the sheer terribleness of Stardust as a performance stems from the same seed that makes Cody unable to emote during his missile dropkicks.

He just has to try too damn hard. 

And to think that you people laughed.

• Like 1

I don't care about Rusev or Lana, but I want this thingy between them to lead up to Rusev inviting Michael Bolton to sing 'How I'm Supposed to Live Without.' Then Rusev takes out Bolton and sings the song himself.

• Like 3

I can buy Dean accidentally hitting the cameraman. I can buy the cameraman being visibly coerced into pressing charges against him. I can buy him being arrested by NYPD cops who are WAY out of their jurisdiction in Nassau County. I can even buy him apparently assaulting a cop and jacking a paddy wagon.

I can't buy cops needing to explain Dean's Miranda rights to him.

• Like 3

I wonder if they're just contractually obligated to have handicap matches on a regular basis.

I'm not even a HUGE Ryder fan, but he's turned into the prime example of someone who the fans got into and who WWE seemingly destroyed in response.

• Like 1

I think Ryder was a guy who was going to be less over the more you pushed him though. His whole appeal was "WWE is holding him down!" and then he got the U.S. title and like almost instantly people started to care less about him.

I can buy Dean accidentally hitting the cameraman. I can buy the cameraman being visibly coerced into pressing charges against him. I can buy him being arrested by NYPD cops who are WAY out of their jurisdiction in Nassau County. I can even buy him apparently assaulting a cop and jacking a paddy wagon.

To be fair, Dean told the cops he knew the drill and that he had heard it all before.

I wonder if they're just contractually obligated to have handicap matches on a regular basis.

It could be a matter of ADA compliance stemming from them hiring the wrong one-legged wrestler years ago.

hqdefault.jpg

Someone needs to explain to me why you can do a contract signing for the 4 way on Smackdown but the contract for Rollins vs Ambrose HAD to be signed tonight.   Such stupidity to waste time until the Elimination Chamber.  

It is pretty easy to explain.  They were fucking with Ambrose.  They pretty much admitted there was an oral contract last week, but this week they were trying to back pedal by creating an arbitrary deadline and then preventing him from meeting it.

To the people who thought Rusev would be ok coming out of the Cena feud...

lolololol

I'm with Gregg.  Rusev was fucking golden last night.  "This is not the time for your USA!"  "Kiss him now!"  We've found Mark Henry's successor in trash talk.  There are worse roles than midcard monster who occasionally gets a monster push.  Give me Rusev and Harper as the new Kane and Big Show.

To be fair, Dean did say something like "Yeah, yeah, I've heard these before..."

I think Ryder was a guy who was going to be less over the more you pushed him though. His whole appeal was "WWE is holding him down!" and then he got the U.S. title and like almost instantly people started to care less about him.

RAW_969_Photo_010.jpg

• Like 1