DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-25-15

MGFanJay

The Memorial Day stuff peaked with the bell tolling, as the video was way too contrived to really feel genuine. Opening tag went on forever and Dean beat Seth, so he's doomed. Dean's fuckup with the camera guy was amusing. Loved the Owens video. Could do without Rusev losing all the cool Russian-themed stuff. LOVED their wacky makeup-breakup bit. 

Everything involving the Entourage cast can fuck off. Ditto Stardust-Neville, and Bo-Neville too. Neville could've come off as a legit guy in the IC Chamber even with a loss, but instead, he'll beat Bo fucking Dallas in a nothing match. Cena-Ryder was okay, but a great showcase for Owens afterwards. His new gear rules. Paige-Tamina was awful thanks to Tamina, who won - so I guess Paige wins the title at EC. New Day vs. 10 PEOPLE was stupid and basically made them faces by default. I loved the visual of Dean in the cop getup coming out in the paddy wagon. He really does come off as something special when he's given the chance to.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/05/wwe-raw-5-25-15.html

Screens - 

babf79411767939.jpg 

696c42411767959.jpg 

efb972411768088.jpg

92a565411769934.jpg 

"These are the words I'm supposed to say."

23fdb5411769994.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/381dri1x2kiha9s1uh2vfm1r5muwgx1j

I only caught the end but the visual of Ambrose in the paddy wagon was utterly hilarious. Piranesi needs to roll on that one. Booker mentioning a handcuff key and JBL just flat-out saying "cut the show" were great too; the only thing missing was Ambrose hitting the Nigel lariat with the nightstick.

I think people are misunderstood on the Russev/Lana/Dolph Ziggler angle.  Clearly in Bulgaria the art of cuckholding involves beating the crap out of someone and THEN allowing them to have sex with your girlfriend/wife.

Someone needs to explain to me why you can do a contract signing for the 4 way on Smackdown but the contract for Rollins vs Ambrose HAD to be signed tonight.   Such stupidity to waste time until the Elimination Chamber.  

• Like 1

Hopefully this is an indicator that Rusev will win the Intercontinental Championship.

I'm praying they don't put the title on Barrett, again. If they do, he's trying to go after Jericho's record or something.

I liked a lot of the wrestling tonight. I thought Reigns had one of his best outings on TV in the tag match. There are a lot of jokes about the commentary, but I was listening to something else while I was watching the show and it's genuinely an easier watch with the mute on.

I have to think that was the first time Ryder has done a 450 splash but it wasn't that smooth.   I did like that he did it since they were pushing (probably reality too) that this was his last and only chance in the WWE

Poor Rusev. In the past three months, he's lost his title, lost his undefeated streak, lost his last three ppv matchs, lost LANA - and now he's lost his country.

Yeah - I'm usually in the "wait and see" camp but I think he's dead. I liked how he came out and beat the shit out of Ziggler with all the "KISS HIM NOW" stuff but I don't think the feud is going anywhere and Lana is saddled with a midcard lifer.  It's crap. 

Another guy who fell off a cliff after a feud with Cena. Why is that?  Let's forget about Cena for a second.  Why do they push these super over heel acts way down into obscurity? It's nearly impossible for them to ever regain the heat they once had.

Good for Zack Ryder. He responded to the moment. Hopefully something good will happen for him. 

Enjoyed Ambrose showing up a la Austin. Good stuff.

If this was the late-'90s we'd be seeing Stardust as the special guest wrestler on UPN's "Arrow."

I think it speaks volumes about what demographic I belong to when I went to the kitchen to get food during the Entourage segments but jumped out of my seat and texted my brother "IT'S OLLIE! OLLIE'S GONNA FUCK SOMEONE UP ON RAW!!!" when Amell showed up.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the Piven joke.

Paige-Tamina started out pretty good, especially when they were trading forearms in the middle of the ring.  But, man the last stretch was baaaaaad,

I enjoyed Dean very audibly saying "Christ..." after punching the cameraman.