DVDVR Message Board

No Man's Sky

Gonzo

20 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Base building and having rad creature pets won me over. Preordering now.

Mom is dumping all her old DS games, and I'm thinking if I take those and some stuff I don't play from my collection to GameStop, I might could afford it by Friday.....

Looks pretty forgiving on the system requirements.  I'll have to look on my personal PC when I get home, but I think my rig can handle it fine.  But I'll wait to see how it's all going before I up and spend money.

53 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

Mom is dumping all her old DS games, and I'm thinking if I take those and some stuff I don't play from my collection to GameStop, I might could afford it by Friday.....

Hope some of them are Pokemon games because they still offer a pretty penny for DS Pokemon games

Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480
Storage: 10 GB available space

If anything is gonna bone me - it would be the 8 GB of RAM

Basically a friend gave us a computer - which is better than my actual home PC - it runs Windows 10 so it already better than my machine still running XP.

I just don't know the full specs of it.

It ran Gone Home just fine so I have hope.

RAM's relatively cheap these days ($45ish for a 4GB stick), so it's not that hard of an upgrade.  But that's if you already have a 4 GB stick in there.  if not, yeah, it'll get a little more expensive.

I have a Core i5, 16 GB RAM, and a GTX 970. What I'm boned on is hard drive space. I don't think I can risk using up any more space on my SSD. Time to uninstall a game.

34 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

RAM's relatively cheap these days ($45ish for a 4GB stick), so it's not that hard of an upgrade.  But that's if you already have a 4 GB stick in there.  if not, yeah, it'll get a little more expensive.

Yeah - turns out I had the spec in an email. I'm only at 4GB right now but upgrading the RAM is the ONE thing I feel comfortable doing on a PC since I have done it before.

I might just scrap together enough random shit to trade in (including my PS3) to lower the cost of a PS4 down to affordable levels.

I've been watching this live stream all morning.

My productivity is wrecked. I want this game so bad and I can't decide if I want it on the PC, being confined to my desk, or if I want it on the PS4, where I can play from the comfort of my couch.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

Okay, so when Hell freezes over and I buy an XBone, the spaceship game to get is this one and not Elite Dangerous, right?

PS4 and PC only

If it was on the Xbone - I wouldn't be trying to decide if I didn't need to eat for a month

I've been watching the video that Craig linked to for about five minutes. I've already seen this guy tunnel into the planet and the game give a warning about an incoming storm.

Man, I hope Amazon doesn't fuck around with getting my copy to me. Stupid APO shipping.

I will only be Team PC because it will be cheaper to upgrade my PC than buy a PS4

Of course - that doesn't mean I am not going to be an idiot and still get the PS4 finally

I mean I already know that through trade-ins and coupons, I am up to over $100 bucks off

The chances of you running into any human player is not great, so the likelihood of meeting up with friends isn't even worth considering. It's basically a single player experience where uploading discoveries is pretty much thhe only online experience. 

Even if you're on the same planet, it would be difficult to find each other because of no planet maps. The no multiplayer pissed me off at first but I've adjusted my expectations.

Watching a livestream, this looks like the most boring game ever but it's something I could see myself getting easily sucked into and spending an entire weekend playing nonstop.

• Like 1

What I haven't seen so far are heavily populated planets. Unless I've missed it, beyond the occasional outpost here and there, none of the planets contain cities or towns of any kind. Does that sound about right?

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

What I haven't seen so far are heavily populated planets. Unless I've missed it, beyond the occasional outpost here and there, none of the planets contain cities or towns of any kind. Does that sound about right?

Yeah that's how it is right now.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

Mass Effect's soundtracks were boring and cheesy as all hell. I'd choose 65daysofstatic over that anytime.

You are dead to me sir

• Like 1