DVDVR Message Board

No Man's Sky

Gonzo

They are nuts. Honestly I am No Man's Skyed out that this point, I have played it three times over the years and I wish they'd just use 100% of their resources towards their next game. I salute the way they are supporting a game so long after it came out but they proved their point, start fully focusing on the next game so it will be great from Day 1.

• 4 months later...

I broke out the game for the first time in 18 months since someone I watch started playing it online with the 4.0 update.

1. My main vase is overgrown AND all my flora and fauna are now unidentifiable again. 

2. There’s a lot of new stuff. 

I re-started as well for probably the 5th time. It seems glitchy, like half the time I warp to the area with my main base, it has the planet as unidentified and unmapped even though clearly I've identified it many times and even uploaded it. Not a big deal, just weird. I am sure I won't finish it again, usually I run out of steam about 20 hours into it.

I did adjust some of the "custom" settings to make the game slightly more fun. I don't mind some aspects of the "survival" feel of the game (I kept on hazard damage, etc) but I did change the setting so that my beam doesn't need constant re-charging. I don't really like when games force me to find resources constantly for my primary tool. Anyway little stuff like that can help make the game less of a chore.

I am actually still playing on my first save, now like 290 hours. So, I have no main assignments to do, but I have all these expeditions to do now. 

also, pirates seem a lot harder to beat, esp since they have shields now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Omega update has dropped and the update page now says that NMS is "free to play."

https://www.nomanssky.com/2024/02/no-mans-sky-omega-update/

I don't know if "Omega" is meant to imply that this is their final update with Light No Fire coming along here eventually, but it's been eight years since launch so it wouldn't be entirely surprising.

Edited by Gonzo

9 hours ago, Gonzo said:

The Omega update has dropped and the update page now says that NMS is "free to play."

https://www.nomanssky.com/2024/02/no-mans-sky-omega-update/

I don't know if "Omega" is meant to imply that this is their final update with Light No Fire coming along here eventually, but it's been eight years since launch so it wouldn't be entirely surprising.

Not sure what they mean by free to play, but it is on sale on Steam half off and there's a demo/trial I may check to see if this old machine can run it.

• 1 month later...