DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

Aww... and now it is in dueling threads too.

Now in related Bethesda news - they are having Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb host their pre and post conference show dealie

No Mr. Caffeine and Jamie Kennedy makes me a sad panda.

Aisha Tyler is back for UbiSoft this year.

Pretty simple.  Press conference organizers should probably not compare quality gaming to high levels of sexual arousal.  

I dunno about that.  I am pretty sure that Aisha Tyler would have a better chance to sell me on an UbiSoft game than Jamie Kennedy would.

Yeah, I may have to get my hands on Battleborn.

You haven't bought a Current-Gen console, right? When you do, let me know which one you do. Because you're the only guy I know who also sounds like he's gonna play Battleborn, so I'll probbaly get it for whichever console you're gonna play on.

Oh, and the leveling system is kinda like a MOBA. In that you start every game at Level 1, you earn a new Level every few minutes and choose A ability or B ability every level. Personally, I like this system. Because then even if your friend plays the game much more than you, you can still play co-op together since you start every level on equal footing. Rather than Borderlands, where it's tough to play with people who aren't close to your level.

Yes, this is more Monday Night Combat than DotA/HotS/LoL, although it certainly employs many elements of traditional MOBAs. It just seems like everyone is trying to cash in on MOBAs and folks are scrambling to make the one that is user and console friendly.

Yes, this is more Monday Night Combat than DotA/HotS/LoL, although it certainly employs many elements of traditional MOBAs. It just seems like everyone is trying to cash in on MOBAs and folks are scrambling to make the one that is user and console friendly.

Battleborn (kinda), Gigantic, Smite..... yeah, you're right. I don't think it's a bad thing either. I have no interest in a LoL-style MOBA, but I do like taking elements of it and putting it into genres I enjoy more.

Gearbox did the first Borderlands and Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, but other than that, they do a lot of really tepid stuff; Duke Nukem Forever, Aliens: Colonial Marines, all the other middling Brothers in Arms games...eh. 

I see that argument thrown out a lot, but in the case of Duke Nukem and Aliens, they didn't develop that from scratch. They just finished it when they acquired them from other studios. They polished off the turds, but they weren't truly theirs.

Cliffy B was leading it when it was first announced and he left Epic mid-way through, so that had to have been a major setback. But it has my curiosity.

Isn't it just Cliff now?