DVDVR Message Board

If you're a fan of Alison Krauss or gospel music, can you help me out?

Big Fresh

I saw this video like 6 months ago and have been searching for the exact recording ever since. Had no luck.

The guy who made the video claims it's Alison Krauss, but I checked all the album versions of hers I could find, none of them seemed to match the slow tempo and haunting background vocals of this one. It's driving me crazy. Any of you fine folks know the answer? I wanna buy it!

Alison's version is from the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack. Very similar, but not the same. Tried Shazam?

Did you see how many versions of this song there are on Spotify? Holy shit! Entertained the possibiity that this version might have been slowed down? I can find close versions, but none slow enough.

Shazam was no help, unfortunetely.

And I suppose it could be slowed down, but I kinda doubt it. Or at least, not by the guy who made the video I posted (he usually doesn't mess with music too much in his stuff).

I don't think that's Alison Krauss. Her voice sounds different to me.

Here is a slower Alison Krauss version than her studio track, though, if that can help. It's from the Live At Louisville Palace album:

Yeah - I am pretty sure it's not Alison Krauss either

I think the folks are just saying that (unless in the video comments) because that is the only version they know

I am becoming more and more convinced that it is a version done by Sonya Isaacs

This isn't the exact version because the background singers are different but if you compare her and Alison Krauss to the original video, you will see what I am talking about

Yeah - I am pretty sure it's not Alison Krauss either

I think the folks are just saying that (unless in the video comments) because that is the only version they know

To be fair, it was the guy who made the video who claimed it was Krauss, not just the people in the comments. But still, I think you're right and he's mistaken.

That Sonya Isaacs is pretty close, so maybe it is her. But yeah, that version is too fast of a pace, plus, as you mentioned, the background singers are alittle off.

THE SEARCH CONTINUES!