DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

Lucy in color tonight was weird as fuck. It not only looks wrong in color but most importantly it looks terrible.

BBC America should be ashamed of themselves. They're airing a graphic saying everyone at BBCA is watching Mad Men and they're showing still photos of the cast. I don't think I've ever seen something like this, it's ridiculous.

Lucy in color tonight was weird as fuck. It not only looks wrong in color but most importantly it looks terrible.

BBC America should be ashamed of themselves. They're airing a graphic saying everyone at BBCA is watching Mad Men and they're showing still photos of the cast. I don't think I've ever seen something like this, it's ridiculous.

AMC owns 49% of BBC America.

AMC owns 49% of BBC America.

They announced in advance that all the stations AMC owns an interest in were going to go dark during the finale.

That is fucking stupid.

Not everyone is going to watch the finale, why punt on trying to pick up done of those people elsewhere?

What are you going to counter program with a re-run of a show or a movie being shown for unteth time? I think this is more of a anti dvr mindset. if we don't give the dvr people something else to watch they will watch mad men and not skip the ads.

I am curious - did anyone end up watching Jane the Virgin?

I know we all kinda mocked the concept when the show was announced at upfronts but I know it was well received by critics and seem to actually be a decent show.

I am kinda intrigued by it but I was trying to see if anyone watched it and would be all "Yeah.... don't waste your time"

I am curious - did anyone end up watching Jane the Virgin?

I know we all kinda mocked the concept when the show was announced at upfronts but I know it was well received by critics and seem to actually be a decent show.

I am kinda intrigued by it but I was trying to see if anyone watched it and would be all "Yeah.... don't waste your time"

I think the show is well written, it has two top level performances with Jane and Rojelio, and everyone is super likable which is a nice change of pace from the usual shades of grey drama. I think it's really fun, light viewing. I wouldn't say it's the greatest show ever or anything, but it's perfectly acceptable as light summer viewing.

Watching Battle of the Network Stars reruns on ESPN Classic, the late 70's ones are so intense! Howard Cosell called the 1979 tug-of-war with the same intensity as the Fraizer-Foreman fight. Also no matter what year a celeb has no clue how to work the inflatable kayak, as I type this Gabe Kaplan flipped his and lost the oar.

Watching Battle of the Network Stars reruns on ESPN Classic, the late 70's ones are so intense! Howard Cosell called the 1979 tug-of-war with the same intensity as the Fraizer-Foreman fight. Also no matter what year a celeb has no clue how to work the inflatable kayak, as I type this Gabe Kaplan flipped his and lost the oar.

DVDVR always delivers.  A stream of workrate reports begins here:

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/60-random-tv-thoughts/?p=62742

• Like 2

The Once Upon A Time season finale/ cliff hanger was awesome. The reveal of who the Sorcerer is was killer and opens up even more worlds. Once they revealed it, it was like a great surprise but also "I should've seen it coming"

The Once Upon A Time season finale/ cliff hanger was awesome. The reveal of who the Sorcerer is was killer and opens up even more worlds. Once they revealed it, it was like a great surprise but also "I should've seen it coming"

It's Merlin

Very much looking forward to next season to see what they do either for half the season or the whole season.

It's Merlin

We better get the shape changing battle from Sword in the Stone next season.