DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

So A+E Networks had its up fronts and supposedly the History Channel will be doing something with Roots.

They are calling it a "revival"

They are also doing a series called "Damien" which is a sequel to "The Omen"

So A+E Networks had its up fronts and supposedly the History Channel will be doing something with Roots.

That's the one where Kunta Kinte met the aliens, right?

Oops.  It's History Channel.  I meant. that's the one where Kunta Kinte could have met the aliens, right?

That's the one where Damien met the aliens, right?

Oops.  It's History Channel.  I meant. that's the one where Damien could have met the aliens, right?

That's the one where Kunta Kinte met the aliens, right?

Oops.  It's History Channel.  I meant. that's the one where Kunta Kinte could have met the aliens, right?

That's the one where Damien met the aliens, right?

Oops.  It's History Channel.  I meant. that's the one where Damien could have met the aliens, right?

Or Hitler.

• Like 2

Bates Motel is very good, so this might be pretty decent.

When they're not focusing on the crazy antics of long-bearded rednecks, they can actually churn out good television.

I feel like this season of 'Inside Amy Schumer' might be the best thing she's ever done.  Episode 1 had the amazing 'Friday Night Lights' parody and 'Last Fuckable Day', and this week's was just front-to-back amazing with 'Girl You Don't Need Makeup', 'Plain Jane' and the one with her rapping boyfriend (Whose rapping just KILLED me).

• Like 1

I feel like this season of 'Inside Amy Schumer' might be the best thing she's ever done.  Episode 1 had the amazing 'Friday Night Lights' parody and 'Last Fuckable Day', and this week's was just front-to-back amazing with 'Girl You Don't Need Makeup', 'Plain Jane' and the one with her rapping boyfriend (Whose rapping just KILLED me).

If you watch the replays the night they air after 2 am the episodes are uncensored. So far she's been killing it this season.

If you watch the replays the night they air after 2 am the episodes are uncensored. So far she's been killing it this season.

Oddly, being a Canadian and having to watch them on the Comedy Network, the early ones are uncensored up here.  I had no idea they even had censored versions.

Oddly, being a Canadian and having to watch them on the Comedy Network, the early ones are uncensored up here.  I had no idea they even had censored versions.

Comedy Central is censored until 1 am then some nights and pretty much every weekend after 1 am then the F Bombs fly in the USA.

I know I am a couple of months behind everyone else but I did start watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I had no idea what to expect and I have only watched 4 episodes so far but I am really really enjoying it.

I have also listened to the opening about 82528415 times

• Like 3

I know I am a couple of months behind everyone else but I did start watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I had no idea what to expect and I have only watched 4 episodes so far but I am really really enjoying it.

I have also listened to the opening about 82528415 times

Its a miracle! :)

• Like 1

The season finale of Last Man On Earth was really fucking great. For a show that at it's core has a limited premise, it really has been just fantastic. Will Forte has been brilliant at playing a character who just does everything wrong and does stupid things but you're always rooting for him and in my case, relating to him. I'm really looking forward to the next season.

• Like 1

The season finale of Last Man On Earth was really fucking great. For a show that at it's core has a limited premise, it really has been just fantastic. Will Forte has been brilliant at playing a character who just does everything wrong and does stupid things but you're always rooting for him and in my case, relating to him. I'm really looking forward to the next season.

The way it ended it will be very interesting to see what happens next season.

Fox has renewed the Simpsons for two more years (27th and 28th season)

At the end of that - they will still be 10 episodes behind Gunsmoke for the all time record (635 episodes)

At this point unless the ratings drop off big time The Simpsons will easily make 30 seasons because we know Matt Groening won't stop the show when it stills make alot of money even if the quality has been down for 10+ seasons.

I loved everything about tonight's New Girl finale. A perfect send-off for one of the characters. Two perfect cameos, and a lot of stuff in this series four seasons nailing a perfect crescendo.