DVDVR Message Board

Jon Jones Formally Reinstated Back into UFC; Return Date Being Discussed

hammerva

So Chael Sonnen is telling everyone that Jones vs Johnson is off for UFC 187.  Of course it is Chael so it is probably 80% bullshit but it is Jon Jones 

It would have to be something that developed over the last 24 hours or so because they would probably save that announcement for the 186 post-fight presser. Plus, I don't think they would go through the trouble of hyping Jones vs. Johnson if they already knew it was off. I guess we play the waiting game.

If this is true, he's gotta be done, right? Even Dana can't bullshit his way outta this one.

Well it is definitely the end of Jones at UFC 187 but I never underestimate Dana's ability to bullshit his way out of situations involving guys that he is all in for

If this is true, he's gotta be done, right? Even Dana can't bullshit his way outta this one.

Well it is definitely the end of Jones at UFC 187 but I never underestimate Dana's to bullshit his way out of situations involving guys that he is all in for

I dunno if he is all in for Jon Jones. The day 151 got cancelled kinda proves that.

Jon Jones is an addict, and he can't wiggle his way out of this.  He needs extreme help.  It's cute how people excused all of his patterns of behavior of just a young guy having a good time.  He doesn't have a problem.  The dude is an addict.

You think crashing his Bentley and walking away from that injury free would've been his wake-up call.  Dude is simply an addict.  He needs serious help.  It's help that stupid fake one day observation for rehab can fix.  He can't lie his way out of this. 

UFC needs to indefinitely suspend Jones and strip him of the title in like 20 minutes.

It would be hard to be a fugitive of the law when you're like a six foot four black guy and one of the most popular stars in a sport. You would think something like that would be out by now.

Said story has been updated:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/light-heavyweight-champ-jon-jones-involved-in-car-accident-ufc-187-fight-in-jeopardy

FWIW, I saw earlier (maybe 45 minutes ago) that Glenn Robinson, who manages Rumble, said he hasn't heard anything about the fight being off.