DVDVR Message Board

BOLA 2015

I'm also hoping to attend.  Bought my flight already (I know, not too smart) - freaking out about the possibility of not getting tickets.  Their website kind of can't handle the traffic right at sale time, and it's hit or miss for a few minutes as to whether the page actually loads.

But yeah, if you can just show up a couple hours early and be pretty much guaranteed to get tickets at the door, then I feel a lot better.

They announced a bunch of shit tonight that ensures my heart will not survive that weekend. Check their twitter for official matches but a couple off the top of my head...

Fenix vs Matt Sydal

Ricochet vs ZSJ

Drago vs Pentagon Jr.

ANGELICO VS JACK EVANS BUT I THOUGHT THEY WERE FRIENDS FOREVER

AERO STAR/FENIX VS DRAGO/PENTAGON JR NIGHT 2 MADNESS

I can't breathe.

Just to Clarify

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 1 (Friday, August 28):

- Brian Cage vs. Aero Star
- Andrew Everett vs. Biff Busick
- William Ospreay vs. Mark Andrews
- Trevor Lee vs. Trent?
- Drago vs. Pentagón Jr.
- Matt Sydal vs. Fénix
- Non-tournament match: Inner City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. Angélico & Jack Evans
- Non-tournament match: Tommy End, Marty Scurll & Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. The Young Bucks & Roderick Strong

Battle of Los Angeles, Night 2 (Saturday, August 29):

- Rich Swann vs. Marty Scurll
- Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher
- Drew Gulak vs. Tommy End
- Angélico vs. Jack Evans
- Mike Bailey vs. Drew Galloway
- Ricochet vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
- Non-tournament match: Fénix & Aero Star vs. Pentagón Jr. & Drago
- Guerrilla Warfare non-tournament match: Andrew Everett, Biff Busick & Trevor Lee vs. The Young Bucks & Super Dragon

That all looks amazing, except for Galloway.  I've seen his stuff in Evolve and he just bores me.  Maybe I'm biased (like I am with Alberto) because he has the WWE style/WWE midcard stink on him.

The Guerrilla Warfare match should be insane.  Both members of Trevorette have proven they're ready to die for our amusement.

Not a big fan of the tournament booking. Dragon had the chance to do something special, and instead he trotted out familiar match-ups from other promotions. Tournament will probably still be good, but the chances of it being great are lessened by how well worn the majority of the first round matches are.

Well there's always the Scenic Invitational... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I like the match-ups and am sure it was put together with later round matches in mind. The mere fact Ricochet or ZSJ are going out in round 1 is mind blowing. I hope it's Ricochet just because I'd like to see him in a multiman war on Night 3.

Not a big fan of the tournament booking. Dragon had the chance to do something special, and instead he trotted out familiar match-ups from other promotions. Tournament will probably still be good, but the chances of it being great are lessened by how well worn the majority of the first round matches are.

Which ones?  All I can think of are Drago vs. Pentagón Jr. which may have happened in LU but I can't remember, and Hero/Thatcher & Gulak/End which happened in Evolve over Mania weekend.  Besides, does it matter?  Hero vs Thatcher at PWG will be far different from their Evolve match, for example.

Which ones?  All I can think of are Drago vs. Pentagón Jr. which may have happened in LU but I can't remember, and Hero/Thatcher & Gulak/End which happened in Evolve over Mania weekend.  Besides, does it matter?  Hero vs Thatcher at PWG will be far different from their Evolve match, for example.

It absolutely does matter when it comes to my level of excitement for the card. Thatcher and Hero have wrestled twice already this year, both of which were very similar. They'll wrestle pretty much the same match at Reseda, and while it will probably be great I've already seen it twice.

These might be the first Indie shows a buy in years, I want to get familliar with the new crop of talent and I really dig Tommy End from the little I've seen of him.I think I seen him in one of the early !6 karat tournies for '08 or ''07 and watched some recent stuff on youtube a few months ago.