DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

The leaks coming from the Suicide Squad preproduction made it sound like the solo Batman movie will be an adaptation of book 3 of DKR. They're pretty much doing DKR, just out of order.

Why can't I get an adaptation of The Long Halloween over two movies or three movies?
Long Halloween is a middling story elevated by Tim Sale art. You can tell because Dark Victory and Hush are the same middling story told again with different players. Jeph Loeb is a master of hiding his weaknesses by teaming with all star artists.

That said, people need to start adapting Snyder or Morrison. Or hell, do an adaptation of No Man's Land.

The leaks coming from the Suicide Squad preproduction made it sound like the solo Batman movie will be an adaptation of book 3 of DKR. They're pretty much doing DKR, just out of order.

Why can't I get an adaptation of The Long Halloween over two movies or three movies?
Long Halloween is a middling story elevated by Tim Sale art. You can tell because Dark Victory and Hush are the same middling story told again with different players. Jeph Loeb is a master of hiding his weaknesses by teaming with all star artists.

That said, people need to start adapting Snyder or Morrison. Or hell, do an adaptation of No Man's Land.

I really can't agree with that assessment at all, especially since I don't really care for Tim Sale's art. It also feels a bit too early to be trying to adapt anything from Snyder's run. No Man's Land is the type of thing you with an animated series for a season.

People bitched about Ledger's version of the Joker with the Glasgow smile and war paint, but the performance and writing made you forget that shit quickly. 

Nolan's Batmanverse had no super heroes in it other than Batman.  This is a whole new universe.  Let's just let this play out in the box office.

• Like 1