DVDVR Message Board

SmackDown Spoilers for 4/16

Michael Sweetser

And don't get me wrong I love Sandow, I'm happy he still has a job at this point.  I love his character, a self professed genius who loses his MITB shot, has a mental breakdown, then starts imitating people...and becomes a famous actor!?

I think the copycat gimmick could still work after this, but they either need to team him up with someone like, I don't know, R-Truth & TruthDow, someone else said Usedow, which would be hilarious too.  Or have a legend as his manager and have him come out with Hogan, Piper, Slaughter, Flair etc and do their gimmicks.

I don't know how long that could last, but I'm sure the old boys would love it.  Could they transition him back to good ol Damien Sandow, as a babyface?

I would be okay with him impersonating Jey Uso for the next 6 months. It'd be pretty easy to master the act, it's even more same "same old shit" than The Miz.

Re: Neville - If you're not going to have a cruiserweight division because it makes people think they can't hang with the heavier guys, maybe you shouldn't book matches that make people think would-be cruisers can't hang with the heavier guys.

Re: Neville - If you're not going to have a cruiserweight division because it makes people think they can't hang with the heavier guys, maybe you shouldn't book matches that make people think would-be cruisers can't hang with the heavier guys.

They haven't done this. He had highly competitive matches with the WWE champion (where he was distracted from hitting his finish by outside interference) and Ziggler who is a former world champion. He was shown as being able to hang with top guys and nearly winning those matches.

And don't get me wrong I love Sandow, I'm happy he still has a job at this point.  I love his character, a self professed genius who loses his MITB shot, has a mental breakdown, then starts imitating people...and becomes a famous actor!?

I think the copycat gimmick could still work after this, but they either need to team him up with someone like, I don't know, R-Truth & TruthDow, someone else said Usedow, which would be hilarious too.  Or have a legend as his manager and have him come out with Hogan, Piper, Slaughter, Flair etc and do their gimmicks.

I don't know how long that could last, but I'm sure the old boys would love it.  Could they transition him back to good ol Damien Sandow, as a babyface?

I would be okay with him impersonating Jey Uso for the next 6 months. It'd be pretty easy to master the act, it's even more same "same old shit" than The Miz.

All he has to do is be able to throw 10 superkicks every match, shout U-SO, do the occasional plancha and do a running corner butt bump and he's got the act down.

Like Stevie Richards back in 96/97? Because I could live with that.

Meltzer is really right when describing Neville.  he is the 2015 version of Evan Bourne.  A guy who does fancy moves that the crowd enjoys and will never amount to shit in the company except maybe 1 or 2 tag or IC title runs

After actually seeing the Sheamus/Neville match I'm not sure I agree it's certainly too early to tell for sure if that's his ceiling. In the Rollins match, I definately felt he showcased his move set more but was still way outshined by Rollins, in terms of being a main eventer but on SD he looked more comfortable, took the fight more too Sheamus and took more brutal looking bumps. He was definately getting a lot of reaction from the crowd.

I'ts not like this much faith was put into Bryan, Punk, Rollins, Ziggler, etc. Obviously, Triple H is 100% behind the NXT guys and has a lot of faith in booking Neville big but smart.

I want a Bryan/Neville IC Title match desperately.

All he has to do is be able to throw 10 superkicks every match, shout U-SO, do the occasional plancha and do a running corner butt bump and he's got the act down.

Good job...you said exactly what he did in a much more long-winded way.

So...who in the blue hell is booking Extreme Rules!?

We have a Russian Chain Match using a chain made of "unbreakable Siberian steel" according to Superman Cena.

We have a Who Wants to Be The Miz More match...The Miz...the fucking Miz. Really!? Someone actually wants to be The Miz!? On purpose!? Does The Miz even really want to be The Miz!?

We have an Improper Pronunciation Homoerotic Tendencies Ass Love Match.

And we have a Watch Us Include Two Fucktarded Stipulations in One Match Match.

I mean WTF!?

Fandango is so getting future endeavored this year.

"Hey remember that time you were unintentionally over like 2 years ago and we did nothing with you? Well, now we're gonna use that thing to turn you face! If we force it, it'll be even more over!"

*A few weeks go by and nothing happens*

"Welp, can't think of anything else for ya. Thanks for all the hard work, yada yada."

That match is going to bring RVD back to get fed to Neville and then dissapear to the Rumble within 2 months

Yes please. I can't remember the last time WWE had an feud with two high flyers. (insert RVD smoking joke)

Cameron just is not in the same league as the other divas right now. Trade her & Rosa to NXT for Sasha & Charlotte please?

So...who in the blue hell is booking Extreme Rules!?

We have a Russian Chain Match using a chain made of "unbreakable Siberian steel" according to Superman Cena.

We have a Who Wants to Be The Miz More match...The Miz...the fucking Miz. Really!? Someone actually wants to be The Miz!? On purpose!? Does The Miz even really want to be The Miz!?

We have an Improper Pronunciation Homoerotic Tendencies Ass Love Match.

And we have a Watch Us Include Two Fucktarded Stipulations in One Match Match.

I mean WTF!?

Mean Dean and Lovable Luke will steal the show. Wanna see Lesnar go Pillman and destroy Rollins

Seeing as neither Sheamus or Ziggler mentioned kissing Ziggler's arse, and Ziggler claimed he was going to force Sheamus to kiss his own, I kinda hope they awkwardly promote this as a "kiss Sheamus' arse" match. I'm also curious how they're going to get around the stipulation - it's unlikely the face loses this situation, and it'd kill new monster heel Sheamus dead if he not only loses his first PPV match since his return, but also has to kiss his opponents backside. I'm guessing Sheamus cheats to win, Ziggler low blows him from behind instead, and the stipulation is never mentioned again.

Face-turned Fandango will be fine. His offence has always been more suited to a face role anyway, and how he's got choreographed hand movements. Don't underestimate how much people like to wave their hands. Would the "Yes" chant have gotten quite so over without the arm thrusts?

Fandango's best purpose on the show is that of a mid-card comedy act. Not sure what else you can do with him other than trot him out to dance for a little bit and go home.

I never did understand the whole "Listen to his reaction! Why aren't they pushing him!?" thing. His music was over for a couple weeks. That was it. There is really nothing to do with the character except angles built around whoever his dance partner is.