DVDVR Message Board

The Video Game Music Thread

J.T.

How this game produced such great music is beyond me.

Not much I can say to do this justice.  I mean, it's a perfect song from one of the best games ever.

This song was already amazing in the first place, but I included it for  one reason.  The Shadow Moses scene in MGS4 made me cry like I lost a family member or some shit, and this song had a lot to do with it.

Kingdom Hearts is probably my favorite game ever, and this just gives you a wonderful sense of satisfaction about the game you just finished, and makes you sad the game is over.

• Like 1

Sega re-release Outrun on the 3DS and add tracks that live up to the originals:

I am meh on Art of Fighting but HOT DAMN does Lee Pai Long have the most underrated theme music in all of fighting games!

On the topic of themes for meh characters in meh SNK fighting games, here's Franco Bash's from Fatal Fury 3

Talk about fighting games reminds me of my MUGEN phase where I downloaded a Ryu stage and it surprisingly came with this weird version of his theme:

It's one of those things where I absolutely despised it when I first heard it and then somehow it grew on me.

• 4 weeks later...

Rare is still kicking ass on the video game music front. The last two console Donkey Kong games have had soundtracks that are on point. Especially DKC Returns. I haven't sat down and finished Tropical Freeze because the difficulty level has driven me bonkers previously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Actually, Sierra was kind of the WCW of it's time, getting C-list celebrities to have a part in their games for the publicity: Getting Daryl F. Gates and Christy Marx to "design" games, getting Bob Sieberberg to do music, having Mark Hamill and Tim Curry do voices....

And getting Miami Vice composer Jan Hammer to do music for Police Quest 3: The Kindred

• 2 weeks later...