DVDVR Message Board

The Video Game Music Thread

J.T.

In honor of WayForward getting another crack at ex-Technos properties, here's a few awesome Double Dragon Neon cuts!

Mission 1 filtered thru Vince DiCola

A take on DD2 mission 1

DD1 mission 4 as surf rock!

And now a couple vocal tracks not based on arcade or NES songs:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

One I've been listening to a lot lately - Nex Machina.  The game itself is a futuristic twin-stick shooter with fantastic graphics.  Made by the guys who did Resogun.  The soundtrack is AWESOME.  Daft Punk vibes for sure.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Tabe said:

One I've been listening to a lot lately - Nex Machina.  The game itself is a futuristic twin-stick shooter with fantastic graphics.  Made by the guys who did Resogun.  The soundtrack is AWESOME.  Daft Punk vibes for sure.

It broke my heart when Housemarque said they were changing direction because Matterfall and Next didn't sell.  That said, "a collaboration between the creator of the twin stick arena shooter and the people best known for them in the 21st century" is certainly a game pitched squarely at people over 40 like us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

It broke my heart when Housemarque said they were changing direction because Matterfall and Next didn't sell.  That said, "a collaboration between the creator of the twin stick arena shooter and the people best known for them in the 21st century" is certainly a game pitched squarely at people over 40 like us.

Same.  I almost brought that up in my post.  I'm curious about Returnal and have reasonably high hopes, but I would much prefer they did something more similar to their previous games.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...