DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Spoilers for All (WARNING: THIS HAS SPOILERS) (DO NOT COME IN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED)

odessasteps

2 hours ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

Will the weird frost mark on Bran's arm fuck with the wall's magic?

That is the same exact question I had when Meera started dragging him south.  It would be a master stroke from the Night's King if all of this was a elaborate plot to get Bran to be the key that unlocks the door for his invasion of the south.

Well, there's a bit in the books at Riverrun (involving the Blackfish holding the castle) that I'm pretty sure is going to happen in the show in one way or another. And the Kingsmoot happened ages ago in the books and Euron has done quite a bit as King of the Ironmen since... and Sam arrived at the Citadel a while ago... so yeah. There's some stuff.

8 hours ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

Will the weird frost mark on Bran's arm fuck with the wall's magic?

That seems to be the leading theory and it's what I'm going with now, yeah.

Also given the current conditions, Bran's unlikely escape (how fast can Meera drag that sled through snow without a food supply?) becomes a lot more plausible if it becomes a case where the Walkers allow it to happen, for some reason.

The frost mark stuff could be a book spoiler and they are just using it on Bran because they cut the other character from the show.

What I'm saying is.. did cold hands touch the nights king !!?

Meera: They let us go. It was the only reason for the ease of our escape.
Bran: Easy? You call that easy?
Meera: They're tracking us.
Bran: Not this warg, sister.
Meera: [sighs] At least the information in this idiot is still intact.
Bran: What's so important? What'm I carrying?
Meera: The origins of those White Walkers. I only hope that when the data's analyzed a weakness can be found. It's not over yet.

Original my ass, George.

Speaking of long lost plot threads, the Brotherhood Without Banners are suddenly name checked, and Jaime is now headed in that direction and Brienne is headed in that direction... so I guess that means that whole Lady Stoneheart thing could actually happen? 

Which I guess means Brienne is going to explode since she is now pledged to three different people two of whom will be actively fighting against each other and one of whom is some sort of vengeance demon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Now you know how at the end of season five, when Jaime freed Tyrion, they didn't do Jaime telling Tyrion that his first wife Tysha wasn't a whore and she did really love him? And in response Tyrion didn't tell Jaime about how Cersei had been fucking Lancel and Osney Kettleblack and probably Moon Boy as well for all I know... so the conflicted Jaime who resents Cersie we know from the books doesn't exist, and all we have is the dull "I love Cersei" version of Jaime in the show, who doesn't know she was cheating on him?

Jaime knows that Cersei was arrested by the Sparrows and made to do a walk of shame. But does he not know, or not care what exactly she was charged with? Does he think Cersei was accused of incest with him, and does this mean he'll freak out when he finds out it was with Lancel instead? Or does he not mind that she was cheating on him with the family runt?

• Like 1

What if the whole ice and fire title alludes to zombie Jon vs. Dany? Dany "wins" but her kingdom is destroyed (referring back to the scene of her in the snow covered throne room). That would certainly shit on most everybody's hopes.

And yeah Euron almost assuredly has the horn.

The horn would let him control dragons.

I could see the horn getting introduced in a meeting with Cersei. Space/time has no meaning in the show, so he could potentially get to King's Landing before everyone else.

I just don't think they're going to let Dany take the thrown as easily as it's set up. And the show has also lately been very invested in "the knick of time."

I'm more thinking Euron tries to pull an end-around and goes North around Westeros since he has to know that he's seriously outnumbered, and him and the horn end up servants of the Night King, since there has to be a way for them to breech the Wall.