DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Spoilers for All (WARNING: THIS HAS SPOILERS) (DO NOT COME IN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED)

odessasteps

It will be a tough month not to discuss stuff. :)

When i told my friend (who hadnt seen tonights episode yet) the Sparrows appeared in episode one, he laughed and said "one week closer to Sersei's walk of shame."

Edit: apparently, they are way off book already, both with the Sansa/Ramsey stuff and the Sons of the Harpy ambush of the Unsullied and Barristan Selmy.

OK, this is the internet so we know that the next three weeks of Game of Thrones have been leaked online. No way of getting around it so lets let those who haven't seen these leaked episodes have their peace and quiet in the other threads. This is not a forum to share sites or ways in which to see those episodes. It is merely here to keep people who have seen them from exploding and leaking other information in one of the other threads. 

So, open season to discuss upto episode 4?

I just told a friend this is 1995 WWF with all the faction wars, between the Sparrows ans the Sons of the Harpy running roughshot like it was Rock Ridge and tthey worked for Hedley lamar.

• Like 1

This is actually not a bad idea.  I imagine that even the Maesters don't want the events from leaked eps spoiled for them.

GoT is going the way of Dexter now and departing from the novels a bit and that is probably a good thing.  Rayder departing the mortal coil left me scratching my head and fumbling for text. "I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to die..."

Rayder departing the mortal coil left me scratching my head and fumbling for text. "I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to die..."

If you've read the last book, you know what happened here. I just wish they hadn't made him so butt ugly.

I couldn't hold out.  I really should have because this next month is going to suck.  

I'm actually really loving the changes so far as it streamlines multiple stories and gives Jamie and Bronn something interesting to do.  The most jarring thing is the Sansa/Bolton stuff.  Who knows where they are going with that.

WOW.  That ending to episode 4.  I'm assuming both main characters are still alive?  Ser Friendzone needs to hurry the fuck back.

I am not going to lie... after a decent episode 1, I loved all of the follow up episodes. I am dreading the eventual death of Bronn (no spoilers, just a feeling) and it is one of the rare moments where I am invested in every single location after episode 4.

Jamie and Bronn with a showdown against the Sandsnakes... check.

Arya in the House of Black and White... Check

Tyrion & Mormont on the way to Mereen.... check

Sansa and Ramsey getting married and the eventual showdown in Winterfell... check

Cersei vs. Marge in Kings Landing... check

Jon Snow as Lord Commander at the Wall... check

Dany vs. The Sons of the Harpy... way more interesting than the story in the books.

So far, so good. Also have to give a huge thumbs up to the Janis Slynt execution

• Like 1

The rest of the show could be Bran free as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah it's cool that Breinne and Pod are hanging around Winterfell. I was a little worried about that story, but I would have to assume they play into Theon's story now.

I would add Brienne and Pod to that list.

I was reminded last night this season will be apparently Bran free.

Yeah, I was lumping them with the Winterfell showdown. 

The only reservation about Sansa marrying Ramsey is I really don't want to see her tortured for another season. In the books, it finally looked like she was going to grow up and play the Game. Unless she is able to gain revenge for the Red Wedding somehow and turn this into Stark's revenge, it would seem like old hat... there goes prisoner Sansa with her evil future husband. Been there, done that. 

I think you may be right but I am still tired of seeing Sansa tortured after she was finally going to break out and start playing chess. If you are right, I fear they may go with the Ramsey mentally abuses her up until she is about to get flayed and then Reek saves her before the big torture scene. 

• Like 1