DVDVR Message Board

AJ Retires

Dolfan in NYC

I was never the biggest AJ fan but still sorry to see her go, especially as she seemed more motivated during this recent Bellas feud. The upside is that this is an opportunity for other divas to shine.

Just saw this.  If it is possible to be both not shocked and entirely shocked, I am right now.  I fully expected she wouldn't hang around much longer, given CM Punk's acrimonious exit from WWE.  However, I was surprised that she left just on the heels of the Bella feud.

Just saw this.  If it is possible to be both not shocked and entirely shocked, I am right now.  I fully expected she wouldn't hang around much longer, given CM Punk's acrimonious exit from WWE.  However, I was surprised that she left just on the heels of the Bella feud.

*cough* WrestleMania bonus check *cough cough*

• Like 1

I still remember the NXT days where she told the story about being in WWE was the only thing she ever wanted to do, it was her dream job,  etc..  it all seemed pretty genuine at the time.  

Your dream job isn't always as great as you expect.

• Like 8

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Doesn't she have the date of her first title win tattooed on her neck? Sounds like it was pretty genuine and she just got fed up. Not the first time someone saw WWE as a dream job and was disappointed.

I see a lot of people saying "she's only 28, she can always come back" but usually diva retirements are final.  Maryse, Melina, Eve Torres, Torrie Wilson, Stacy Keibler, Trish, Lita.

The Bellas are the only divas I can think of who retired and then returned on a full time schedule.

I wonder if her comments to Stephanie about giving divas a chance were a shoot.

Rosenberg is losing his mind on Twitter over this. Many tweets about how AJ has attitude issues and how this diva is more talented and that diva is better in the ring, etc. I really do not like Rosenberg.

• Like 1

Doesn't she have the date of her first title win tattooed on her neck? Sounds like it was pretty genuine and she just got fed up. Not the first time someone saw WWE as a dream job and was disappointed.

Yeah, she does. The announce team would bury her for a few weeks when they talked about the tattoo, in particular JBL.

Well, two angles to look at this. One, she had accomplished really all there is to do for a women's wrestler in WWE and a six-year run for a diva is pretty good. 

Two, she was pushed and protected harder than all but a few women wrestlers over the years, Shit, she was basically one of the most pushed act in the company for a few months there. 

Even with all this nonsense over the last year, she was protected well. I think it'd be a lame narrative to spin this as some "poor AJ" story. If anything, it's unfortunate she got mixed up in a pissing match between a bunch of stubborn people with big egos. 

Regardless, she's walking away from a lot of money at a young age. Hope it works out for her.