DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

We finished BLOODLINE last night.  I really enjoyed it. There's some stuff in there that didn't work but overall it was a fun ride.  I loved the setting in the Keys.  Kyle Chandler and Ben Mendelsohn were fantastic.  I love Linda Cardellini.

I guess it's coming back for a second season but they kind of screwed themselves. Mendelsohn could very well earn some nominations with his performance but they killed him off. The show won't be the same without him.  He was very good.

Finishing up The Jinx today. I've unfortunately been spoiled on the ending, but the way they set it up at the end of Episode 4 was brilliant.

I'm trying to figure out how much of a fight it took for them to get this on air with Durst's lawyer being RIGHT there watching this all happen.

Finishing up The Jinx today. I've unfortunately been spoiled on the ending, but the way they set it up at the end of Episode 4 was brilliant.

I'm trying to figure out how much of a fight it took for them to get this on air with Durst's lawyer being RIGHT there watching this all happen.

He signed a release at some point, I would think. Not sure how much you could do to fight it. Lawyers can only do so much if the client in a arrogant wacko. . . 

Being Robert Durst's lawyer sounds like the shittiest job in the world.

"My client did not commit murder!"

"Your client confessed to murder on national television."

"...."

It's not TV. It's HBO.

Yes, I went there.

• Like 4

How great was it that tonight Selena Meyers on VEEP basically had to show she's learned the same leadership lesson that Jon Snow has.

I also liked that she hesitated so much less than him.  "Alright, who's fuckin' head am I gonna have to take?  You?" 

So I p much hope that Backstrom is on for the rest of my life.  I don't know why, but I'm coming away surprised that Rainn Wilson can pull off serious moments.  He and the Valentine character have a really good chemistry, and it feels very organic.  Wish they hadn't rushed the reveal of them being brothers though.

That and Ben describing what he would do to Dan was just epic. I think Ben might be my favorite character on Veep. When he drops the hammer, he drops the fucking hammer.

That and Ben describing what he would do to Dan was just epic. I think Ben might be my favorite character on Veep. When he drops the hammer, he drops the fucking hammer.

Then Gary Cole(sorry I forget his characters name), saying he didn't agree, but then agreeing. . .

I'm digging the new super douche investor on Silicon Valley.

Ignoring Elrich + "this guy fucks!" = solid character debut.

I love that for two of the characters, his entire dialog consists of either:

"This guy fucks!"

or

"This fuckin' guy!"

Also tucked in front, untucked in back.  That is perfect.

So, Once Upon A Time has bounced back from the shoehorned Frozen storyline into some really awesome and dark shit. It's like the producers made a deal. it's like they made a deal with the studio execs. "Fine, we know the show has hit a dull spot, the spinoff failed, and .....fine. We'll do Frozen. But then we're gonna go dark and crazy."

Cause that Cruella De Vill origin ep was all kinds of dark and fucked up. I'm back on this show's bandwagon.

• Like 1