DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

Man, 'The Last Man on Earth' is so good.  It's still 100% Will Forte's show with him being the most obnoxious, unlikable lead character in an American comedy that I've ever seen, yet you still find yourself rooting for him.

• Like 3

Man, Veep and Silicon Valley KILLED it last night. Silicon Valley in particular had me laughing my ass off. Interesting little twist at the end of the episode too setting things up for the rest of this season. At first I figured things would lead towards CES and I really hope that CES episode is bananas, but now there's the Hooli lawsuit.

And yeah, if you can't watch Veep and get enjoyment out of Patton Oswalt being horribly creepy towards Jonah, then you have no soul. So many other great little things in that episode too, like Gary Cole's remark about Reservoir Dogs and Sufe Bradshaw's line about the "shit hitting the fuck." That exchange between Dan Bakkedahl annihilating everyone, only for Kevin Dunn to quickly cut him down was tremendous.

Anyone watching this season of Vikings? They hit us with a nice gut punch with

Athelstan's death. Didn't see that coming. I thought he was going to stick around for the long haul but George Blagden left to star in Versailles

Man, Veep and Silicon Valley KILLED it last night. Silicon Valley in particular had me laughing my ass off. Interesting little twist at the end of the episode too setting things up for the rest of this season. At first I figured things would lead towards CES and I really hope that CES episode is bananas, but now there's the Hooli lawsuit.

And yeah, if you can't watch Veep and get enjoyment out of Patton Oswalt being horribly creepy towards Jonah, then you have no soul. So many other great little things in that episode too, like Gary Cole's remark about Reservoir Dogs and Sufe Bradshaw's line about the "shit hitting the fuck." That exchange between Dan Bakkedahl annihilating everyone, only for Kevin Dunn to quickly cut him down was tremendous.

Heads on pikes would be a merciful way to deal with the staff of Veep. . . .

So HBO don't really care to crack down on it but regardless if you got the Go and wanted to msg me your password so I can enjoy Silicon Valley S.2, the Cobain doc. and True Detective s.2 later in the summer I would be eternally grateful and would go so far to purchase a pair of NXT tickets to a show of your choosing, if and when it becomes a full time road show.

So HBO don't really care to crack down on it but regardless if you got the Go and wanted to msg me your password so I can enjoy Silicon Valley S.2, the Cobain doc. and True Detective s.2 later in the summer I would be eternally grateful and would go so far to purchase a pair of NXT tickets to a show of your choosing, if and when it becomes a full time road show.

Its only $15 a month. . . .

• Like 1

http://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1502-Spring-2015/Shot-to-Remember-The-Sopranos.aspx

David Chase goes through the entire final Sopranos scene, shot by shot.

Still rather ambiguous, but I do think it reinforces the whole "Tony is dead" thing. I think he gives it away when he says "it" either happened that night or some other.

I hope he never fully explains it. Part of its iconic appeal now is the mystery. It's like Mulholland Drive. If you explained it, it would be crap.

NBC are bringing back Emerald City for a 10 episode run, after they scrapped it last year.

In the blink of a tornado’s eye, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and her K9 police dog are transported to another world, one far removed from our own — a mystical land of competing kingdoms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy. This is the fabled Land of Oz in a way you’ve never seen before, where wicked witches don’t stay dead for long and a young girl becomes a headstrong warrior who holds the fate of kingdoms in her hands.

Toto as a big ass police dog fucking up bad guys sounds interesting, admittedly.

Sabado Gigante will be going off their air this fall ending its 53 year run

Just about to point this out. It's a sad day for us all. It's most upsetting that another generation of teenage boys won't get to see the never-ending parade of the hottest women the world has ever seen paraded out to them on a Spanish language variety show.

• Like 2

Finally finished the entire series...

Parenthood - The TV show, not the awesome movie. I don't know that I've ever been so drawn to a show where I hate so many of the characters. We are supposed to think the Braverman clan are a loving, close family with normal problems and we're supposed to like them. I don't. Oh, their problems are normal - kudos to the creators for that. The storylines are realistic, solid, and not crazy. But the characters are...not likeable. You've got overbearing Zeek, who cheated on his wife. There's self-righteous Millie, his wife, who cheats in retaliation and cluck-clucks at her children as they raise kids. There's Adam, the lead brother among the kids, who's mostly a good guy but completely useless as a father and thinks selling his brand-new recording studio for seven figures is just stupid. There's Christina, his wife, who thinks discipline is for other people's children and who is just...bitchy and annoying. And there's Julia, the bossy, detached sister. And Sarah, who spends the entire series squinting and speaking in half-sentences. And Joel, Julia's husband, who thinks nothing of signing his wife up for committees and obligations, even though she works 80 hours a week and he doesn't. The rest of the characters are no better. Special attention for Max...the son of Adam & Christina. He's got Asperger's, which apparently means the entire world should just let him do whatever he wants. Max spends much of the series doing one wildly inappropriate thing after another, always with zero consequences from his parents. When he photographs girls who tell him to stop and gets fired as school newspaper photographer, his mom gets mad at the paper, never punishes him, and never even explains why his behavior was wrong. When he stalks a girl, and even physically grabs her, instead of reprimanding him, Christina tells him he's "courageous". Even Max knows his behavior is wrong - asking "Did I harass her?" - but Christina still fails to punish him or even be honest.

And yet, somehow I kept watching. The dialogue style is incredibly annoying, with characters talking over each other in half-sentences in a fashion that's intentionally quirky and ends up just being a pain. And yet, I kept watching. Can't put a finger on it. Can't say this is a great show but it somehow kept me watching, so that definitely says something for it. I'll go with...right at the Tabedoza Line - 7/10.

Eye Candy was cancelled by MTV

Poor poor now out of work Victoria Justice

No one will care except my 10 year old

My daughter is very very angry.

Sabado Gigante will be going off their air this fall ending its 53 year run

Is that it?  I am sad about the show ending its run but I saw a clip on the news and went apeshit with fright because I thought that Don Francisco was dead or something.

We used to love watching Caliente in the comicshop saturday afternoons, right after kung fu movies at noon on channel 61.

Oh, shit. Caliente.   We will not discuss the huge crush I had on Sandra Munoz.

The guys at GameStop used to watch Rebelde religiously because of the girls clad in tiny tiny plaid skirts.  I could not watch with good conscience because that shit is set in a boarding school and I am not a creepy person.