DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

D40tQ.jpg

I dont know if this has been posted before, but I just stumbled across this while looking for an Angry Amish Roadkill gif where he was doing the hand wringing and saying "chickens"  (I mean, do you really want to know why)

The chesed is still my favorite part of that photo.

I am intrigued by the Hebrew lettering in James L's tattoo, as well as the wizard depicted on his rib cage.

- RAF

That's the chesed. "God's love for humankind."

"Manly beyond all wildest expectations" or something similar used to be a filter for gay around here.

I think pro wrestling has such an interesting history with the LGTBQ+ community. It's clearly homoerotic, but effeminate characters have been portrayed as villainous since its inception. At the same time, flamboyance is often a major trait in popular babyfaces, and some of those effeminate heels do get lengthy face runs. I also feel like wrestling has been welcoming to gay performers as well (which is not to discount stories of discrimination), if only because it's been a bastion of some of society's left behind folks. There's a pretty long list of gay wrestlers who have reached huge heights in the industry, and I'm really curious how the greater LGTBQ+ community views their accomplishments in what is typically considered low culture.

• Like 3