DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Doing a presentation for a Japanese culture class on puroresu and Japanese MMA and how they are intertwined, was wondering if all you kind folk could help me out with some of the most quintessential puroresu and JMMA photos. Like Kobashi getting back dropped kind of stuff. FMW, Pride, Joshi, all that good shit.

Doing a presentation for a Japanese culture class on puroresu and Japanese MMA and how they are intertwined, was wondering if all you kind folk could help me out with some of the most quintessential puroresu and JMMA photos. Like Kobashi getting back dropped kind of stuff. FMW, Pride, Joshi, all that good shit.

Here are a few. The first is grainy as all hell but hope these help.

2014-09-15_004316.jpg

e9j98m.jpg

butcherterry.jpg

l.jpg

The wording literally translates to THIS IS PURORESU.

• Like 2

Can't go wrong with the legendary Kenta Kobashi:

kenta-kobashi-picture-12.jpg

kobashi4.jpg

kenta-kobashi-picture-6.jpg

16902_10151516114751098_1766248932_n.jpg

130511_kak_kobashi_main_pict38.jpg

iTGwA0WioYGTD.jpg

b5p7wm.jpg

kkb.jpg

180px-Bundy3.jpg

tumblr_nh6tqmRwHT1rg89a6o1_400.jpg

As someone who works in marketing that Bundy ad is just strange to me. I love King Kong Bundy but he seems like one of the most odd people that you could have as a spokesperson for a computer. Was Hogan or Andre not available? It was probably one of those things where the President of Vendex was friends with Bundy and he thought it would be great to have an ad campaign center around him.

Bundy actually had a really great look for the period... dude stood out in a crowd, put it that way, so it made sense. How is this any stranger than George Steele doing PC commercials with Tony Randall?

It's an old pic, but calm down with it being from UPW.

I'm being perfectly calm. I'm simply pointing out the source of the photo. Take your patronizing twattery elsewhere.

Misawa taking a backdrop is absolutely essential if you want to make a solid point about how they take it way too seriously over there.

I posted the other one in the hockey thread but I will post this one here

CDVF4sKVIAAhtn0.jpg

Apparently Rockstar Spud was at the game too I just haven't seen a photo yet

• Like 2