DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

What incentive is there for Brock in that little scenario?? Rousey isn't going to be wrestling while she is under contract. People need to just accept that. I said it before, but Dana should just kill this whole thing by calling Vince and saying "Hey I'll let you have Rousey for a WrestleMania match if you give me 25% of the Mania gross."

What's the appeal of a Ronda Rousey match anyway? She has no wrestling experience and being good at MMA does not make one a good wrestler by any stretch. She'd need to be in a tag team match so she could hit her spots and then leave without having to do anything that will expose her as totally green.

What's the appeal of a Ronda Rousey match anyway? She has no wrestling experience and being good at MMA does not make one a good wrestler by any stretch. She'd need to be in a tag team match so she could hit her spots and then leave without having to do anything that will expose her as totally green.

Good point.  I think she will be fine if the use the Snooki formula.  

Obviously the appeal is that she single handedly saved the Fast and the Furious and Expendables franchises while being the most famous female athlete in the world. Plus they obviously wouldn't need Austin, Taker, or Sting for Mania next year because Rousey can sell the stadium out by herself. I just wish her totally not pointless segment at Mania would have gone a little longer.

• Like 3

Obviously the appeal is that she single handedly saved the Fast and the Furious and Expendables franchises while being the most famous female athlete in the world. Plus they obviously wouldn't need Austin, Taker, or Sting for Mania next year because Rousey can sell the stadium out by herself. I just wish her totally not pointless segment at Mania would have gone a little longer.

I never say stuff like this online because it usually is pointless...but, you really really suck at sarcasm.

• Like 2

The appeal isn't in the Ronda Rousey match, but in her opponent.

The fact that the fans are savvy enough to know the score:

-If Ronda Rousey fights in a WWE ring, she will WIN her match, as a celebrity.

-If Ronda Rousey fights, she is assuredly fighting Stephanie McMahon.

-Therefore, since Rousey would WIN her match as a celebrity, and would be fighting Stephanie McMahon- a Ronda Rousey match at Wrestlemania serves as literally the one, and only one, chance we will probably ever have to see Stephanie McMahon lose a match, and thus finally get the actual, conclusive comeuppance that Stephanie has never been able to have since she turned heel and is literally unable to get in any other way (No Diva in the company is even in Stephanie's league to the point where a Diva beating Stephanie would bypass "This suspends disbelief" and goes screaming into "It's a Squirrel Girl-style comedy segment. See, it's FUNNY because Stephanie lost!"...but despite all of this, fans are progressive enough to know "yeah, Stephanie McMahon's character is objectively evil and never gets her comeuppance, but I still don't want to see some guy kick her ass as that comeuppance- that's just WRONG.") 

It's so fucking smarmy when Bischoff refers his time in WCW as "when I worked for Turner Broadcasting."  Yes, it's technically true.  But come the fuck on.

I often refer to those few months working at Suncoast at the mall as "my tenure with the Musicland Corporation."

• Like 4

I think Stephanie McMahon is easily the best in-ring McMahon, no joke.  I just don't see any way a one-on-one match with Rousey would be any good.  Rousey's whole thing is quick armbar subs and Stephanie's not really quick enough to do the run away and avoid contact deal for very long and she's not believable trading fisticuffs either.  A tag with Rock and Triple H would make a lot more sense because I also can't fathom who other than Triple H would want another Rock/Trips match.

Charlotte vs. Rousey's pretty believable to me cause Charlotte once beat up Ric Flair and then fought some cops afterwards.  Rousey's never beaten up her father. 

Cause her dad's dead.

If they really feel the need to do Stephanie McMahon vs. MMA then Gina Carano's right there doing nothing.  Plus, she's a lot better looking and more pleasant of a personality than Rousey.  They could do Steph/Trips vs. Rock/Carano with Rousey in the corner and Rousey can just make the save at the end and armbar Jamie Noble or something.

Not like any of it really matters cause Paige VanZant's the new hotness and Rousey's gonna be even older news by the time WrestleMania rolls around again.

• Like 1

It's so fucking smarmy when Bischoff refers his time in WCW as "when I worked for Turner Broadcasting."  Yes, it's technically true.  But come the fuck on.

I often refer to those few months working at Suncoast at the mall as "my tenure with the Musicland Corporation."

Wouldn't Bischoff have had an office at the CNN Center? I know Bill Watts did. It's not THAT smarmy, he was in their actual corporate headquarters. 

Now, it might be smarmy if like Lenny Lane was running around saying "when I worked for Turner Broadcasting."

Oh, that doesn't bother me, but this does:

Bischoff: "I literally thought we were landing on Mars."

No, you figuratively thought that you were landing on Mars, damn it!

(Seriously, though, this was a fascinating read. Thanks for sharing it, original poster!)

EDIT: I've seen Collision in Korea before, but I didn't realize that it has the only Flair/Inoki match ever. I was going to watch it again on WWEN until finding out that it's not uploaded there. I'm increasingly not sure why I pay the ten bucks a month for the Network at this point. Anyway, to the Youtubes.