DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

For my birthday last month, my Sister got me tickets to see the WWE this month. My first time at a wrestling event. Guessing there will be merchandise there. Don't know what to expect, looking forward.

Wow, I never would have guessed that you had not been to a wrestling event ever in your life. There will be lots of merch. It gets super loud. It's fun to cheer. It's REALLY fun to sit near younger fans and cheer with them because they get really into it. I think that if you're going to a wrestling show, you should wear a wrestling shirt, but don't be one of the knobs in the Bullet Club shirt at a WWE show. 

You'll have fun!

Oh shit, they're starting to warm up already.

magical_maestro_hoo_hah_zpsqripqkin.gif

I am not sure what that was supposed to be but the link is broken.

And considering it is from Fark - I dont necessarily think I am sad about that

• Like 3

For my birthday last month, my Sister got me tickets to see the WWE this month. My first time at a wrestling event. Guessing there will be merchandise there. Don't know what to expect, looking forward.

Wow, I never would have guessed that you had not been to a wrestling event ever in your life. There will be lots of merch. It gets super loud. It's fun to cheer. It's REALLY fun to sit near younger fans and cheer with them because they get really into it. I think that if you're going to a wrestling show, you should wear a wrestling shirt, but don't be one of the knobs in the Bullet Club shirt at a WWE show. 

You'll have fun!

I agree with most of this, but I find it more fun to playfully argue with kids about who is better. It gets them more fired up and louder

Saw someone on a NEWZ site (So it could be cribbed from the WO, or made up) say that Vince recently attended his first NXT show and is now super-excited about Charlotte and looking to bring her up right away.  It was also said he was a big fan of Sasha Banks.

Saw someone on a NEWZ site (So it could be cribbed from the WO, or made up) say that Vince recently attended his first NXT show and is now super-excited about Charlotte and looking to bring her up right away.  It was also said he was a big fan of Sasha Banks.

Or perhaps me in the NXT thread (posting from PWI)....

• Like 2

For my birthday last month, my Sister got me tickets to see the WWE this month. My first time at a wrestling event. Guessing there will be merchandise there. Don't know what to expect, looking forward.

You'll have fun!

I agree with most of this, but I find it more fun to playfully argue with kids about who is better. It gets them more fired up and louder

Cheers guys. Tickets should be coming this week. Just need to sort out how much money to take, work out if there's size differences in tops between the UK/US and charge up my digital camera.

This skeeves me out.

This skeeves me out.

He wants her features in the Fap-Out commercials....umm I mean Tap-Out.

• Like 1

Oh shit, they're starting to warm up already.

magical_maestro_hoo_hah_zpsqripqkin.gif

I am not sure what that was supposed to be but the link is broken.

And considering it is from Fark - I dont necessarily think I am sad about that

Rehosted and 100% safe unless you're a godless Commie who hates old cartoons.

• Like 1

Also from the Observer:

Rollins found out that he was winning late in the show. He was also told that as champion, he would have to fly after the show to New York to appear on “The Today Show” (a victory appearance originally scheduled to kick off Reigns title run) and back to San Jose to appear on Raw the next night.

The last 45 seconds of the match and that he was getting the title was said to be told to Rollins right at the start of the Rock & Ronda Rousey angle. It was at that point when Rollins, Reigns, Lesnar, Paul Heyman and producer Michael Seitz (Michael Hayes) went together into a room to go through the “new” finish and work out how they were going to accomplish it. The rest of the match had already been worked on and formulated.

• Like 3

So either:

Vince is so paranoid about finishes getting out that they kept it secret until they absolutely had to

OR

Vince is so mercurial that he didn't decide until the night of the show

Neither is a good option.

The same thing happened with Paige last year on the Raw after Wrestlemania.

April indie shows in the greater STL area:

Saturday 4/4
Dynamo Pro Wrestling - Fenton, MO

Sunday 4/5
High Risk Wrestling - Belleville, IL

Saturday 4/11
Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance - St. Louis, MO
World Powerhouse Wrestling - Jerseyville, IL

Friday 4/17
St. Louis Anarchy - Alton, IL

Saturday 4/18
St. Louis Anarchy - Alton, IL