DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'm still not sure why people keep calling for him to retire, as opposed to, oh, I don't know, having surgery to correct the problem and the sit out for the same amount of time.

• Like 2

It's too bad he's having all these issues I really want to see him as a top player for a good amount of time. But if it isnt in the cards it isnt in the cards. He had a glorious brief moment in the sun and that's more than most get. I thought he had gotten surgery? The Tommy John surgery? or did he opt not to get it? 

At what point did I "want" Bryan done?  What I wanted was people to realize that perhaps there was a reason he wasn't being "given his chance" and not shitting all over a guy who wasn't him.  

If they didn't think he was good to go, then he shouldn't have been in the Rumble and he shouldn't have been in a ladder match (protected or not).  All they did with the Rumble was sabotage their "golden boy"'s popularity.

If Bryan does retire, I'd be okay with a US/IC Title Unification match at Payback with John Cena being his final match. Just let him go all out, and then he quietly steps away from the ring. He'd be a good WWE Ambassador.

Man, talk of him retiring seems super pre-mature. I get that y'all like the guy, I do too, but Bryan isn't likely to wind up in a wheelchair. How many WWE dudes has that recently happened to in the last 20 years? I'm also not talking about wrestlers who have died since Bryan isn't pilling himself up or taking PEDs.

If there was anyway to make his last match against Brock I'd mark the F out. If he does retire I wonder if he could push it until SummerSlam so we can get the match. It probably wouldn't be the smartest thing health wise, but it'd be hell of a way out.

PWInsider.com has not been able to confirm exactly why Bryan was pulled, but when reached for comment, WWE responded with the following statement:

"Daniel Bryan has been pulled from the remainder of the UK tour as a precautionary measure."

If there was anyway to make his last match against Brock I'd mark the F out. If he does retire I wonder if he could push it until SummerSlam so we can get the match. It probably wouldn't be the smartest thing health wise, but it'd be hell of a way out.

Wanted to see that match for ages but not against Brock going by his usually very physical matches.

Maybe not putting him in the Mania main event actually *WAS* a good idea.

Yeah, putting him in a fucking ladder match was a lot better.

Not a fan of him being in the ladder match either.

A ladder match where he didn't really take any of the stuntman bumps is better than taking 15 suplexes on his neck and being mauled by Brock for 20 minutes, tbh. The lariat Brock gave to Roman on the apron probably would've turned Bryan into dust.

It's not like Bryan & Lesnar couldn't work out a match that protected Bryan from serious injury. Bryan is a ring general, and Lesnar is a freak of nature than can adapt to anything in-ring. I don't think any of us would have complained if they went out there and just wrestled for 15 minutes instead of throwing bombs at each other. I know that's what we expect from a Lesnar match now, but the layout of the match could have (and would have) changed if Bryan was in Roman's place.

I'm of the opinion that Bryan came back too soon, though. A few more months of rehab might have done Bryan wonders.