DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So I've been hearing some RUMBLINGZ lately about Khali coming back to WWE and I.. just... I mean, why?

Vince didn't know he left?

I picture this as the opposite of the infamous "who the fuck hired Raven?" line from Vince.

"Who the fuck fired Khali?"

Followed by several execs scrambling to rehire him and trying to find someone who speaks Punjabi.

So I've been hearing some RUMBLINGZ lately about Khali coming back to WWE and I.. just... I mean, why?

Vince didn't know he left?

I picture this as the opposite of the infamous "who the fuck hired Raven?" line from Vince.

"Who the fuck fired Khali?"

Followed by several execs scrambling to rehire him and trying to find someone who speaks Punjabi.

It happened with Jimmy Wang Yang, too.

2 things from the above video:

1.) Mae Young was a really good heel.

2.) Does the ring apron say Power RRO Wrestling? That second P really looks like an R.

Tennesee Hillbilly's needs to be used more in wrestling. Also who would own the PPW masters? Could be something fun to add to the Network (and the never show). Shawn Stasiak top heel...I need to see all of this.

I remember when I was in school, there was a kid who would talk up how awesome Power Pro Wrestling was and how he was so cool because he got to see it. I still have no fucking clue how some kid in Vermont was able to see it. I suspect he just read about it in PWI or some other kayfabe mag.

I remember when I was in school, there was a kid who would talk up how awesome Power Pro Wrestling was and how he was so cool because he got to see it. I still have no fucking clue how some kid in Vermont was able to see it. I suspect he just read about it in PWI or some other kayfabe mag.

Eventually, it was syndicated nationwide, esp once they began taping in Ft Worth at Billy Bob's after the name change to the uwf.

So if Suplex City was a stable of people who loved to throw suplexes...who all would be in it? So far I've come up with:

Brock

Taz

Angle

Steiner Brothers

Becky Lynch (as per her Twitter)

That's not bad cause they all slot in to a belt

Brock WH

Angle US

Taz IC

Steiners Tag

Lynch Diva

I'd imagine WWE Network being available in India soon has something to do with it.

After Vince saw NXT for the first time (which is mind-blowing) in San Jose, he's rehiring Khali to show HHH what kind of international superstars he's supposed to hire.

• Like 1

2 things from the above video:

1.) Mae Young was a really good heel.

2.) Does the ring apron say Power RRO Wrestling? That second P really looks like an R.

Tennesee Hillbilly's needs to be used more in wrestling. Also who would own the PPW masters? Could be something fun to add to the Network (and the never show). Shawn Stasiak top heel...I need to see all of this.

Not sure who'd own the masters but my best guess would be WMC in Memphis or Randy Hales.

And I'll vouch for it being fun to watch.  It's weird, but still fun to check out.

I'd imagine WWE Network being available in India soon has something to do with it.

Stupid using logic when everyone is trying to crowbar their jokes in

• Like 1

After Vince saw NXT for the first time (which is mind-blowing) in San Jose, he's rehiring Khali to show HHH what kind of international superstars he's supposed to hire.

Is it really that mind-blowing that the CEO for the company doesn't have watch his developmental show? I mean he has his hands all over RAW/Smackdown and PPVs as well as day-to-day business with the company. I honestly would've been more surprised if he had watched NXT prior to the San Jose show

So I just finished watching Hero/Gulak from the last PWG show released, and I dug the hell out of it. For one, it's cool that Hero seems to be getting into a groove after his kinda awkward post-NXT release period. It was one of my first times seeing Gulak, since he, Thatcher and Busick have caught on, and I thought he was really solid, as well. For those who have seen it, how does this match compare with some of the recently-pimped Evolve stuff?