DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If he's a true heel, he drops all his signature moves (5 Knuckle Shuffle, AA, STF).

I'd have him keep the 5 Knuckle Shuffle b/c it's such an obnoxious move.

Has anyone ever figured out how he was allowed to keep that name? He had to change the FU to the Attitude Adjustment to the AA and the STFU to the STF but he gets to keep the name of the move that's an obvious masturbation reference?

Raw is ONLY tolerable with a DVR.

ISIS makes prisoners watch non-fastforwardable episodes of RAW at torture camps.  

I hear the episodes with heel Michael Cole have the poor bastards begging to be beheaded.

If he's a true heel, he drops all his signature moves (5 Knuckle Shuffle, AA, STF).

Has anyone ever figured out how he was allowed to keep that name? He had to change the FU to the Attitude Adjustment to the AA and the STFU to the STF but he gets to keep the name of the move that's an obvious masturbation reference?

Vince probably has Urban Dictionary blocked at WWE HQ?  And/or he doesn't know the meaning of the idiom.

Why am I just now finding out that Hallowicked is the new Chikara Grand Champion?  And I think this makes him their first Triple Crown champ too (Campeonatos de Parejas, the Grand Championship, and the Young Lions Cup).

WRESTLING forum, my arse.

• Like 1

Because "FU" is blatant, while you have to know what 5 Knuckle Shuffle means to get it.

I didn't know Hallowicked won it either. It's a bummer how badly Chikara has fallen off.

I think their problems started when they closed down for a year and made all of their fans go on scavenger hunts and decode clues to find out what was happening.  It may have been a little too much to ask people to go to an empty parking lot in Philadelphia at 3am to find a VHS tape that has a 30 second clue on it.  Maybe they lost some people there.

• Like 2

Most Chikara fans didn't even know about that scavenger hunt stuff. That's such a small part of their fandom. During interviews, Quack tends to exaggerate how hardcore the Chikara fan base is. There is a group of super dedicated fans that will do all of that, but most Chikara fans just go to the shows, have fun and that's it.

The hype for their return show was huge, and the turn out was great. But the show wasn't a blow away and it didn't plant enough seeds for the future to get most of their fans to stick with it. On top of that, the roster was just depleted at that point.

Good for Hallowicked though.

Meanwhile in 1999 Memphis. 

not sure what's best between Brian Christopher popping out of a trunk, the Stasiak/Christopher master plan involving fire, or Bill Dundee making the save.

I've been watching some of the PPW from that channel; and lately they've had the Stasiak/Lawler feud highlighted.  '99 Memphis was one screwed up territory.  Cornette and Hayes feuding for some reason; Bruce Pritchard sending in a WAR style team of Giant Silva, Dr. Death, and Dr. Tom Pritchard.  Plus, Stacy almost getting raped in a cage by Brandon Baxter.

But then, they did have quality wrestling:

AR Fox has left EVOLVE
credit: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/major-update-a-top-evolve-star-quits-the-company-multiple-statements-issued-details-inside

AR Fox's statement

Just sayin. This is the cards for next weeks EVOLVE shows. It’s 9 days away and not one match announced on this card. And since there’s a huge lack of communication checking the “DGUSA” website is how I know if I’m booked or not. So when there was about two weeks left I booked myself. And now they wanna take it personally that I was making sure I lined up booking so I didn’t have an empty weekend without even tryin to understand. Cause honestly my loyalty was to them of if we just talked like “adults” for a few mins I woulda ended up doin EVOLVE anyway cause that’s how I am. But instead I got responses in all caps with cusses. And tryin to future endeavor me like the WWE. Tellin me they wish me the best and hope to see me on Lucha Underground when a few months back they held me back from it when Lucha sent me details on a contract ha. And yea I didn’t like they flights they got me cause they were to the wrong f**kin state of course I didn’t like having my girl drive me an hour and a half to the airport and then pick me from there which means we’d hit tolls 4xs when they coulda just flew my from CT (like every other promoter that flies me) where the airport is 30 mins away from me with no tolls. So yea man they just made this shit into a storyline but this is what it is. Flights wouldnt of been an issue I still drive 15 hrs to shows. It was jus that our relation is goin on 5 years. I jus want everyone to Know I’m cool n jus wanna wrestle but they got sensitive way too quick over a booking.

Gabe's response

I am very disappointed to read Fox’s statement. He has been a very valuable member of our roster and I’ve enjoyed working with him through the years. We’ve had some great times together on the road.

I am very disheartened to read this but I must clarify a few things:

Fox confirmed the April 17th and 18th dates via text with me on March 17th. I contacted him on Facebook messenger on Monday to go over his matches for Florida. He then informed he had taken another booking on April 18th.

Without getting into great detail on the conversation, I treated Fox with the respect he deserved after everything we had been through together. He claimed that I “cussed” him”. I said the F word once in the context of saying, “This is F’d up.”

Fox also claims I used all caps, implying I was yelling at him. The only word in capital is the word “Never” in the context that we never canceled a booking on him.

I am very disappointed and sorry that our relationship has ended this way and wish Fox the greatest of success.

1) I believe AR Fox's side of the story and I absolutely believe Gabe got butthurt over a booking thing

2) All four shows being promoted as "upcoming" on the scrolling banner on Evolve's site are in the past which is pretty LOL for a company whose primary business is online

AR Fox has left EVOLVE

credit: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/major-update-a-top-evolve-star-quits-the-company-multiple-statements-issued-details-inside

AR Fox's statement

Just sayin. This is the cards for next weeks EVOLVE shows. It’s 9 days away and not one match announced on this card. And since there’s a huge lack of communication checking the “DGUSA” website is how I know if I’m booked or not. So when there was about two weeks left I booked myself. And now they wanna take it personally that I was making sure I lined up booking so I didn’t have an empty weekend without even tryin to understand. Cause honestly my loyalty was to them of if we just talked like “adults” for a few mins I woulda ended up doin EVOLVE anyway cause that’s how I am. But instead I got responses in all caps with cusses. And tryin to future endeavor me like the WWE. Tellin me they wish me the best and hope to see me on Lucha Underground when a few months back they held me back from it when Lucha sent me details on a contract ha. And yea I didn’t like they flights they got me cause they were to the wrong f**kin state of course I didn’t like having my girl drive me an hour and a half to the airport and then pick me from there which means we’d hit tolls 4xs when they coulda just flew my from CT (like every other promoter that flies me) where the airport is 30 mins away from me with no tolls. So yea man they just made this shit into a storyline but this is what it is. Flights wouldnt of been an issue I still drive 15 hrs to shows. It was jus that our relation is goin on 5 years. I jus want everyone to Know I’m cool n jus wanna wrestle but they got sensitive way too quick over a booking.

Gabe's response

I am very disappointed to read Fox’s statement. He has been a very valuable member of our roster and I’ve enjoyed working with him through the years. We’ve had some great times together on the road.

Fox confirmed the April 17th and 18th dates via text with me on March 17th. I contacted him on Facebook messenger on Monday to go over his matches for Florida. He then informed he had taken another booking on April 18th.

Without getting into great detail on the conversation, I treated Fox with the respect he deserved after everything we had been through together. He claimed that I “cussed” him”. I said the F word once in the context of saying, “This is F’d up.”

Fox also claims I used all caps, implying I was yelling at him. The only word in capital is the word “Never” in the context that we never canceled a booking on him.

I am very disappointed and sorry that our relationship has ended this way and wish Fox the greatest of success.

This whole exchange makes me a very sad pro wrestling fan.  Can you imagine Harley Race getting pissed off because someone texted him in all caps.

WWE really did have it right when they called themselves "Live action entertainment".  Cuz two dudes going on the internet to complain about people being mean via Facebook/Twitter ain't pro wrestling to me.

• Like 3

I didn't know Hallowicked won it either. It's a bummer how badly Chikara has fallen off.

I think their problems started when they closed down for a year and made all of their fans go on scavenger hunts and decode clues to find out what was happening. It may have been a little too much to ask people to go to an empty parking lot in Philadelphia at 3am to find a VHS tape that has a 30 second clue on it. Maybe they lost some people there.

If they had come back as strong as they left, they'd have been fine. But they didn't.

Yeah, agreed. I was pretty into Chikara for a few years, but once they came back, it was mostly with dudes from the various Wrestling Is.. promotions, and they just lost me. I think what they had going for them was long-term booking, attention to detail, and above all, continuity, and they lost a lot of that with the reboot. It's a shame, because I was really digging what they were doing for a while there, and they filled a niche in my wrestling viewing. 

AR Fox has left EVOLVE

AR Fox's statement

Gabe's response

This whole exchange makes me a very sad pro wrestling fan.  Can you imagine Harley Race getting pissed off because someone texted him in all caps.

WWE really did have it right when they called themselves "Live action entertainment".  Cuz two dudes going on the internet to complain about people being mean via Facebook/Twitter ain't pro wrestling to me.

If I ever start a wrestling promotion it will be called All Caps With Cusses Wrestling

• Like 1