DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

BVnJeSGCcAABzEA.jpg

A cat who knows he will spend the rest of his life being dressed up in very silly outfits.

All of her cats are just still really upset about Montreal.

Actually this cat remembers Montreal. But it's over it. It's water under the bridge. The cat is not going to be bitter about Montreal. 

This cat figures it was all a work, anyway.

For those who have listened to Daniel Bryan's latest interview on Talk is Jericho, D-Bry said that he suggested during some angle or another that they fire him and he'll come back as Starman from Fire Pro Wrestling. I say have Daniel Bryan retain at Extreme Rules then the next night have D-Bry lose the strap to Neville or somebody. D-Bry can state in an interview with Renee on the WWE App after the match that he hasnt been 100% and thats why he lost out there and needs to take some time to heal up and get back to 100%. Three or Four months later D-Bry returns under a mask as Starman and beats Neville or whoever to win back the IC Strap. It's been a while since we have had a Midnight Rider gimmick.

A winner is you!

You know,  if I hadn't seen it already done in PWS (along with 8-bit Pro Wrestling entrance theme), I'd be all for it.

This.

However, if we can get Mario Bokara versus Rusev...

• Like 2

The IWC freaking out about being called the ISEC is peak IWC.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26076-1424026628-27

What are you starting with me for? You know this is my crazy time of year!

Dude, you've been there for one day.

• Like 2

On the next Destiny Wrestling card in Toronto on May 3rd, Lucha Underground's Brian Cage faces PJ Black (Justin Gabriel) in a TLC match! Should be a blast...last month's show with Kevin Nash was a great card top to bottom...

Will check this out.  Hope the crowd is better than the people that attend Smash shows.

Does Smash have a terrible audience? I watch their TV sometimes and it doesn't seem too bad.

I was at their November show and couldn't deal with it.  It could just be that it's a smallish crowd (normal for indy shows, but you know, like a couple hundred people) and a few guys starting "this is wrestling" chants every other match stand out more when there's less people.

For those who have listened to Daniel Bryan's latest interview on Talk is Jericho, D-Bry said that he suggested during some angle or another that they fire him and he'll come back as Starman from Fire Pro Wrestling. I say have Daniel Bryan retain at Extreme Rules then the next night have D-Bry lose the strap to Neville or somebody. D-Bry can state in an interview with Renee on the WWE App after the match that he hasnt been 100% and thats why he lost out there and needs to take some time to heal up and get back to 100%. Three or Four months later D-Bry returns under a mask as Starman and beats Neville or whoever to win back the IC Strap. It's been a while since we have had a Midnight Rider gimmick.

A winner is you!

Chikara did the Mysterious and Handsome Stranger angle and some of you probably don't care because it's Chikara.

Maybe he never cared about how he was booked as long as he got time to wrestle? I never got the sense from him that he was all fired up to be in the WrestleMania main event because "finally I'm not being held back any more!" it was like "wow how did I get here? Are all these people chanting for me?"

• Like 3

Yeah, if he was that upset about how he was booked, he could have easily gone out during Fast Lane and tanked the match so that Roman looked bad. Hell, we can all name at least a half dozen guys in the business who would have done exactly that. But Bryan just seems like a guy who's happy to have a productive role in the company, regardless of where it is on the card.

I think Bryan only knows one speed. He's a true professional or has a serious case of Kurt Angle disease, depending on how you look at it.

Compare Bryan's recent run towards the end of Punk's WWE run (where he openly admitted he wasn't trying) and you can see a huge difference.

Bryan is a guy that if he can stay healthy will be a big star in spite of the office undermining him at every turn. Everything they have done to bury him have only gotten him more over. He can fucking go in the ring, he has a strange chemistry and has a natural connection with the fanbase that you cant manufacture. 

I'd like to see him get a long reign as champion. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it but I also would be upset if his career was cut short. I feel like he has a long run with the belt in him. Even if its a year or two from now.

Finished the Iron Sheik doc and it seemed to only exist for the social media leeches to put themselves over. Somehow they can't mention his greatest creative and commercial success with Slaughter, but can talk about Twitter forever. Seeing him pushed in a wheel chair so he could insult Rob Ford gave the impression he is an elderly man being exploited. 

I doubt that Vince is watching this country music awards show at AT&T Stadium tonight but something tells me he will determine the attendance for next year's WM based on this (plus an extra 10,000 of course).   I know this is in Texas and they are loading the show with non-country stars but man this crowd is huge

Speaking of the documentary, Iron Sheik is definitely being exploited.  I mean if your job is to watch and protect someone why would you take a video camera with you while you are buying "medicine" in a terrible neighborhood.    I guess it could be worse as by the end I was expecting 30 minutes of that Eric Simms scumbag and Feinstein stealing the glory

• Like 1

I doubt that Vince is watching this country music awards show at AT&T Stadium tonight but something tells me he will determine the attendance for next year's WM based on this (plus an extra 10,000 of course).   I know this is in Texas and they are loading the show with non-country stars but man this crowd is huge

Speaking of the documentary, Iron Sheik is definitely being exploited.  I mean if your job is to watch and protect someone why would you take a video camera with you while you are buying "medicine" in a terrible neighborhood.    I guess it could be worse as by the end I was expecting 30 minutes of that Eric Simms scumbag and Feinstein stealing the glory

This show has had a Garth Brooks performance, the Brooks & Dunn reunion, an Alan Jackson performance and a ton of random celebs.

Between the nostalgia acts and the celebs, it seems like Vince McMahon is not only watching this show but he actually booked it. 

• Like 3