DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'd want to see DEMBOYZ get signed because I want them to wrestle the Primetime Players so that Darren can start handing out receipts for tweets.

It always bugs me when people lump in Mark with the homophobic shit too. It was only Jay who said stuff.

I'd want to see DEMBOYZ get signed because I want them to wrestle the Primetime Players so that Darren can start handing out receipts for tweets.

It always bugs me when people lump in Mark with the homophobic shit too. It was only Jay who said stuff.

In all fairness I'm not familiar enough with the Briscoes to be positive which is which. I know one is sort of doopy and fun and people like him, and the other one is the other one.

For my birthday last month, my Sister got me tickets to see the WWE this month. My first time at a wrestling event. Guessing there will be merchandise there. Don't know what to expect, looking forward.

Wow, I never would have guessed that you had not been to a wrestling event ever in your life. There will be lots of merch. It gets super loud. It's fun to cheer. It's REALLY fun to sit near younger fans and cheer with them because they get really into it. I think that if you're going to a wrestling show, you should wear a wrestling shirt, but don't be one of the knobs in the Bullet Club shirt at a WWE show.

You'll have fun!

I agree with most of this, but I find it more fun to playfully argue with kids about who is better. It gets them more fired up and louder

Cheers guys. Tickets should be coming this week. Just need to sort out how much money to take, work out if there's size differences in tops between the UK/US and charge up my digital camera.

Had a great time at my first wrestling show. I bought Daniel Bryan's current shirt and an "I Was There" shirt listing the dates of the tour. I got talking to a fan who nrought the full size WWE Championship replica and let me hold it, large and heavy.

Good overhead seats. Some of the wrestlers were Neville, Finn Balor, Cesaro/Tyson Kidd defending the WWE Tag Team Championship against Kofi Kingston/Big E, Sheamus, Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show and Roman Reigns. Icing on the cake was DANIEL BRYAN who as you well know I'm a big fan of since 2005, an all time favourite of mine.

• Like 7

Sounds like you had a great time man.

Were there any stand out awesome matches?

I liked the opener (Neville vs. Balor), the WWE Tag Team Championship match and the six man (Bryan/Ziggler/Rowan vs. Barrett/Sheamus/Wyatt). Latter match I was most into for Daniel Bryan. Funny shouting "Yes!", doing the arm gestures while trying to take some good photos as Bryan made his entrance lol.

• Like 1

I liked the opener (Neville vs. Balor), the WWE Tag Team Championship match and the six man (Bryan/Ziggler/Rowan vs. Barrett/Sheamus/Wyatt). Latter match I was most into for Daniel Bryan. Funny shouting "Yes!", doing the arm gestures while trying to take some good photos as Bryan made his entrance lol.

As much as we (wrestling fans in general, including those of us in or out of the business) pick everything apart constantly, it's completely refreshing to read about someone just going to a wrestling show and having a great time and taking with other fans and enjoying the show. A nice reminder of why wrestling is awesome to begin with. Glad it was a good time for you!

• Like 3

As much as we (wrestling fans in general, including those of us in or out of the business) pick everything apart constantly, it's completely refreshing to read about someone just going to a wrestling show and having a great time and taking with other fans and enjoying the show. A nice reminder of why wrestling is awesome to begin with. Glad it was a good time for you!

Cheers pal. I wont forget attending my first show live after watching it as a fan for so long.

There were three shows that day and wwe.com had the roster with the caveat that cards are subject to change. We had the wrestlers previously mentioned with another show (that show was the only one to have John Cena and Rusev) while the other one had Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Kane, Ryback and Luke Harper. Out of the listed participants on wwe.com, I was hoping the ones for the show I was attending would come true. Thankfully they did as that was my preferred option, naturally (no pun intended) for Daniel Bryan.

• Like 2

Real truth is they'd get signed, someone would dig up Jay's tweets, minor PR disaster, they get cut.

Brock made some much higher profile homophobic remarks and it doesn't seem to have hurt his career trajectory.  Then again he's considerably more in demand and wasn't wrestling at the time, iirc.

WWE doesn't need Teddy's cats.  They have Tyson and Natalia's.

Natalya's habit of choosing the most depressed, miserable-looking cats on the planet to own will never fail to amuse me.

Seriously, search this. Any cat she takes a picture with looks unhappy as hell.

Gizmo out-grumpied Grumpy Cat. RIP.

Online rumors that Jay Briscoe was offered the ROH booking position in an attempt to get The Briscoes to stay is great science fiction, but nothing of that sort was ever discussed.

Man love to know where that shit got started.   Hell if you are making rumors up then use Mark Briscoe because Mark as a booker sounds awesome  

Natalya's habit of choosing the most depressed, miserable-looking cats on the planet to own will never fail to amuse me.

Seriously, search this. Any cat she takes a picture with looks unhappy as hell.

I just assumed they adopted happy cats and the cats only started looking like that after being around Tyson and Natalya for awhile.

The WWE could give the Briscoes a Planet of the Apes gimmick instead of a hillbilly gimmick

I'm sad the Briscoes re-signing with ROH probably means we'll never get a stable of Jay doing an 'evil scientist with a devolver ray' gimmick, and Mark and Erick Rowan as his unwitting test subjects.

Real truth is they'd get signed, someone would dig up Jay's tweets, minor PR disaster, they get cut.

Brock made some much higher profile homophobic remarks and it doesn't seem to have hurt his career trajectory.  Then again he's considerably more in demand and wasn't wrestling at the time, iirc.

There was also Warrior, who made a very public speech that included homophobic and racist remarks.  They welcomed him back with open arms and even named a service award after him.  

Online rumors that Jay Briscoe was offered the ROH booking position in an attempt to get The Briscoes to stay is great science fiction, but nothing of that sort was ever discussed.

Man love to know where that shit got started.   Hell if you are making rumors up then use Mark Briscoe because Mark as a booker sounds awesome  

You-know-who never said that teh dirtsheetz never said that.

Brock made some much higher profile homophobic remarks and it doesn't seem to have hurt his career trajectory. Then again he's considerably more in demand and wasn't wrestling at the time, iirc.

There was also Warrior, who made a very public speech that included homophobic and racist remarks. They welcomed him back with open arms and even named a service award after him.

Those guys drew money.

There was also Warrior, who made a very public speech that included homophobic and racist remarks.  They welcomed him back with open arms and even named a service award after him.  

Now now.  Connor's parents were overjoyed that their son was the posthumous recipient of the first annual "Jim Hellwig Queering Don't Make the World Work" award.

• Like 3

Daniel Bryan is now off the current European tour, because he's been working injured since WrestleMania (probably since he returned, actually). Supposedly the numbness has come back in his arm, that's why he's been working protected matches like tags and 6-mans so he can just hit his spots and get out. It's also why he wasn't on RAW.