DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I misread a headline on PWInsider, and it got me thinking -- with the WWE trying to fill their network with reality-show knockoffs, and with their constant vain pursuit of pop culture acceptance, they should work on a hybrid Tough Enough/Dancing With the Stars programme.

A version of the Bachelor/Flavor of Love with Scott Steiner needs to happen.

I misread a headline on PWInsider, and it got me thinking -- with the WWE trying to fill their network with reality-show knockoffs, and with their constant vain pursuit of pop culture acceptance, they should work on a hybrid Tough Enough/Dancing With the Stars programme.

A version of the Bachelor/Flavor of Love with Scott Steiner needs to happen.

I met Kendrick at Wrestlecon super chill but he looked super baked. I told him I was from Tacoma, Washinton and he signed my 8x10 "To Web Go Hawks - Brian Kendrick". He was also selling his photos for 5 bucks. Idk maybe Eva Maria improves and becomes the Diva daredevil it'd be better then what she was doing before her injury, which was just being there.

Why would you admit you're from Tacoma? :)

I met Kendrick at Wrestlecon super chill but he looked super baked. I told him I was from Tacoma, Washinton and he signed my 8x10 "To Web Go Hawks - Brian Kendrick". He was also selling his photos for 5 bucks. Idk maybe Eva Maria improves and becomes the Diva daredevil it'd be better then what she was doing before her injury, which was just being there.

Not to get off topic here but I'm from Northeast Tacoma well I was born on the North End but my family moved over to Northeast when i was around five. I think thats why I have such hometown pride cuz I'm not in the thick of it. I'm pretty much Federal Way. Both my parents are longshoremen on the Port of Tacoma, my grandmother lives in the Northend and I've had good friends in the South End so I've been all over the city and love it, its my home. I know you were kidding so this isnt me taking offensive and defending myself just givimmg my personal history. Back onto wrestling I have always followed and been fans of the "Washington Guys" i.e. D-Bry, Davey Richards, Kendricks and Jack Evans. So in ending 253 till I die.

Here's the official release from WWE:

NEW YORK, NY and STAMFORD, CONN – April 7, 2015 – USA is expanding its commitment to the live action entertainment company WWE, bringing SmackDown to the network in the first quarter of 2016. Now the exclusive cable home to WWE marquee properties, USA airs the powerhouse Monday Night Raw live 52 weeks a year and the reality competition series WWE Tough Enough, which returns this summer in a reimagined format with live elements.

So now these motherfuckers are the equivalent of the touring company of Cats as opposed to just being called a wrestling promotion?

Jesus....

• Like 1

NEW YORK, NY and STAMFORD, CONN – April 7, 2015 – USA is expanding its commitment to the live action entertainment company WWE, bringing SmackDown to the network in the first quarter of 2016. Now the exclusive cable home to WWE marquee properties, USA airs the powerhouse Monday Night Raw live 52 weeks a year and the reality competition series WWE Tough Enough, which returns this summer in a reimagined format with live elements.

So now these motherfuckers are the equivalent of the touring company of Cats as opposed to just being called a wrestling promotion?

Jesus....

Rum Tum Tugger isn't told by the state of Oregon to pee into a cup to see if he's done Stanozolol. 

• Like 12

You know what is a fun thing to do in Tacoma? Pack up and get the fuck out.

• Like 2

Maybe their plan is to keep making Raw longer and longer so that no one can fit it on their DVR...

Fucking horrifying, when you consider that DVRs are getting more and more storage.

"Ok, Steph, Paul...we're going to open with you. How long can you hold 'em? 45, 55 minutes? THEY LOVE YOU!"

Jesus....

Rum Tum Tugger isn't told by the state of Oregon to pee into a cup to see if he's done Stanozolol.
Teddy Hart joke goes here. Not sure what it is, just know where it goes.
  • Like 1

Tacoma is fine. There's not even an aroma from the logging industry anymore. 

I'd live there before **checks map** like a good ninety percent of the country. But I'm biased. 

Jennifer calls Hogan to tell him a large muscular man confronted her in the airport and said vulgar things about him, he exaggerates the story. Still considering Steiner has a pending lawsuit against Hogan, this is really really dumb.

Give it a few more years and the story will be that Hogan was actually there when this all went down, and ended up bodyslamming Steiner onto the conveyor belt after he threatened Jennifer. Oh, and Steiner weighed 700 pounds at the time of the incident. There were 10 different flights all delayed at once, so there were nearly 1,000 people cramped to capacity in the airport to witness this all happen.

I'm now imagining Steiner riding the baggage conveyor all the way around and Hogan slamming him again.

412-airport.png?w=300&h=225

• Like 3

So, going back to the Jericho podcast.....

What if Cena had turned heel during The Rock feud? How does the crowd react? Where does he go?

He beats Rock at Mania 29 after a brutal chair attack ala Austin on Rock at Mania 17. Crowd pops at first, but eventually it goes on so long they start to boo. If he's a true heel, he drops all his signature moves (5 Knuckle Shuffle, AA, STF). The key to keeping Cena heel is that he has to not do anything that got him cheers previously. As for his future, I would have him wrestling Taker at Mania 30 on the basis that he's beaten Batista and Randy Orton so many times it's not a challenge, but he hasn't beat Taker. I'd say 2014 Heel Cena gets the push Lesnar got.

In my mind Heel Cena is like Heel Superman. Someone who has let go of any restrictions on what they will do in the ring which makes them near unbeatable. Play up that Cena before was wrestling with honor and not trying to cause permanent damage to his opponent but just to beat them. Now that he realized that his previous way was holding him back from being on that Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin level, now everyone should Fear His Name