DVDVR Message Board

RAW 03/30/15

The Natural

Is there an any real reason Steph has been go Mach 5 on her burials to make herself look super strong since 2015 started? Everybody was going on and on about how she'd ran down Bryan and cut his balls off last year, saying she'd never do that to "their guys" but now she's done it to Cena, Rock and Lesnar in this month alone. I guess she showed a LITTLE ass against Ronda last night, but even then that was really nothing, and obviously none of male superstar can put their hands on her and she won't put over the divas. I don't get the fuckin point of having her in this role if we live in a world where she literally CAN'T get her come-uppance as a heel (at least, unless the WWE wants an absolute shitstorm). It just comes off as the ultimate ego-stroke.

• Like 1

She needs to get pregnant again and go away for a long time. Surely, HHH wants to have a son. As men, don't we all want at least one son? I could live the rest of my life and be very happy if I never saw Stephanie ever again.

• Like 1

She needs to get pregnant again and go away for a long time. Surely, HHH wants to have a son Future World Heavyweight Champion. As men, don't we want at least one son? I could live the rest of my life and be very happy if I never saw Stephanie ever again.

It's probably really fun for Cena to actually get to pretend to be a heel for one night out of the year.

I imagine this is a bit of an annual tradition for him that I've largely missed out on?

It's probably really fun for Cena to actually get to pretend to be a heel for one night out of the year.

I imagine this is a bit of an annual tradition for him that I've largely missed out on?

Yes and no.  He never quite goes heel, but he plays with them.  Funny thing was, he got a more mixed reaction this year. 

Booker T getting squashed by the announce table was legitimately one of the funniest things I've ever seen in wrestling. "Brock Lesnar means business tonight..AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

I was in tears.

The best part is no JBL. He's fucking unbearable.
  • Like 1

Loved the opening Heyman and Steph stuff. You really can't go wrong with Steph being completely smarmy, and thus only playing one character in a segment while Heyman says stuff and Brock alternates being jolly hearing about suplex and angry hearing about a title loss. Dolph-Bryan was fine, but never really got a solid flow to it. It went from first gear to finishing sequences and then A MOHAWKED SHEAMUS CAME DOWN AND KICKED ASS.

HOF vid was fine. Kalisto WON HIS RAW DEBUT! "NEW! DAY SUCKS!" got over big, and Neville's hype vid was fantastic. Bait and switch for the title match leading to a beatdown of all men on Earth by Brock was great. Byron's commentary further killed Stardust-Mizdow and didn't help NEVILLE'S DEBUT with a swank new cape. Neville destroyed Axelmania!

RUSEV...MAYBE NOT AKA Ambrose faced Cena in a good little US Title match that like the IC Title match, didn't really get rolling too far before they just did finishers. Dean lost him on a sunset bomb, and Cena no-sold it anyway before doing an STF, getting locked in a better one and then winning after several AAs. Divas tag was a thing. Cole was diagnosed with "a cervical fracture" a week after Perro Aguayo Jr. died. Rusev destroyed Goldust. Fans did the wave during the main event 6-man tag.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-raw-3-30-15-post-wm-31-show.html

Screens -

THE WAVE!

http://i.imgur.com/tc17y1E.gifv

f9382b400735233.jpg

330665400742393.jpg

0bfd23400742396.jpg

d8fd44400742400.jpg

6602cb400743799.jpg

04c8e4400745492.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/nmszcidslobjmmevl4i3bj0kew0ucer0

The post-Mania Raw crowd is terrible every year. When is this myth that it's amazing going to die? It's like some amalgamation of the worst aspects of indy fans and the old ECW mutants.

It'll die when they stop being amazing. Which they were in year's past. Don't be a sourpuss.

This year? Boring.

• Like 2

The post-Mania Raw crowd is terrible every year. When is this myth that it's amazing going to die? It's like some amalgamation of the worst aspects of indy fans and the old ECW mutants.

It'll die when they stop being amazing. Which they were in year's past. Don't be a sourpuss.

This year? Boring.

Still worlds better than your average WWE crowd.

The first hour was fucking awesome. Holy shit that Brock kill streak. My lord. I really want to see Brock vs. Rollins also. I love all of Rollins little counters and he's turning into a great chickenshit heel.

Then there was a nice match between Bryan and Ziggler for the I.C. strap. You had the Lucha Dragons debut and Kalisto killed it.  Neville debuted and looked impressive. 

At this point I'm thinking we are on our way to an all-timer but the show really fell off a cliff. I thought Cena and Ambrose was real sloppy. Byron shouldn't have been out there by himself for that long either. 

The crowd's chanting got played out. The "we are awesome" chant is shit.   Rusev deserved better too.  No Lana and a midcard squash. What?

Great first hour though.

Quick quiz:  What is the correct thing to say if you're Michael Cole and the world explodes and you suddenly find yourself laying in the ring and Brock is lifting you up?

Hint: Cole tried the following: "Please, Brock! I didn't do anything! Pleeeease Brock!!!"

That didn't work.

How about: "Brock, I'm pregnant with your dinner!"

• Like 7