DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 63: Mendes vs. Lamas (4/4/2015) - Fairfax, VA (Patriot Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFCFN63.jpg?1426235830

UFC Fight Night 63: Mendes vs. Lamas

April 4, 2015

Fairfax, VA (Patriot Center)

Chad Mendes (145.5) vs. Ricardo Lamas (145.5) - Mendes, TKO (punches), R1 (2:45)

Jorge Masvidal (156)* vs. Al Iaquinta (155.5) - Iaquinta, DEC (split)

Michael Chiesa (155.5) vs. Mitch Clarke (155) - Chiesa, DEC (unanimous)

Julianna Peña (136) vs. Milana Dudieva (135.5) - Peña, TKO (punches and elbows), R1 (3:59)

Clay Guida (146) vs. Robbie Peralta (145) - Guida, DEC (unanimous)

Dustin Poirier (155.5) vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira (155.5) - Poirier, KO (punches), R1 (3:45)

Fox Sports 1 Preliminary Card:

Liz Carmouche (134.5) vs. Lauren Murphy (135) - Carmouche, DEC (unanimous)

Gray Maynard (155) vs. Alexander Yakovlev (155.75) - Yakovlev, DEC (unanimous)

Shamil Abdurakhimov (255) vs. Timothy Johnson (263.5) - Johnson, TKO (punches), R1 (4:57)

Ronald Stallings (185) vs. Justin Jones (185.5) - Stallings, DEC (unanimous)

*Reweighed after weighing 157 on first attempt and 156.5 on second attempt

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Timothy Johnson
Performance of the Night: Dustin Poirier
Performance of the Night: Julianna Peña
Performance of the Night: Chad Mendes

Attendance: 5,417

Gate: $545,604

Rating: 389,000

Cancelled Bouts:

Bobby Green vs. Jorge Masvidal - Injury to Green (Torn Quad)

Benson Henderson vs. Jorge Masvidal - Henderson Moved to Another Card

Luke Barnatt vs. Clint Hester - Injury to Hester (Broken Foot)

Guest Edwin

Forget about the big names, the main card has some fights that should be fun or that should feature a brutal finish; Mendes/Lamas, Masvidal/Iaquinta, Guida/Peralta and Poirier/Ferreira.

Will be interesting to see how Pena looks since she hasn't fought since winning Season 18 of the Ultimate Fighter. Other than that Looking forward to the Main Event and Co Main event as well seeing the Carpenter, Poirier and Liz Carmouche fights as well.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Gray-Maynard-You-Can-Go-Home-Again

Sounds like Maynard is on the verge of retirement if he loses to ole Bad Boy. He doesn't sound too exuberant to be back in Las Vegas. This is a possible elephant in the room come Saturday morning.

Guest Edwin

Good move if he steps away. Losing to Frankie Edgar in their last fight pretty much put an end to him. After that he's gotten knocked out pretty badly. I'm sure he can still make money doing seminars and training fighters.

Yeah this definitely isn't a OMG! THE NAMEZ~! card, but I expect to have tons of fun and I am sure everyone will have his/her working boots on.

I am not sure on the NAMEZ argument though.  Granted there isn't anyone except maybe Chad Mendes would be a main eventer on anything except a Fight Pass show, it is loaded with stars that even the basic MMA fan should know with Clay Guida, Carmouche, Poirier (who should get a great reaction after the last Fairfax show), Maynard, Iaquinta, and others.   Plus it is the debut of Julianna Pena which is intriquing

Will be there as well.  I know people hate the early start time but I love it so I can watch the Final Four.   Lot better than waiting until 1 in the morning to see a main event.

Guest Edwin

Granted there isn't anyone except maybe Chad Mendes would be a main eventer on anything except a Fight Pass show, it is loaded with stars that even the basic MMA fan should know with Clay Guida, Carmouche, Poirier (who should get a great reaction after the last Fairfax show), Maynard, Iaquinta, and others.

Yeah, I'm not sure the "basic" MMA fan knows who those guys are.

I'm not even sure they would know who Mendes is.

Plus it is the debut of Julianna Pena which is intriquing

* Return.

After watching the Weight-Ins is this Lauren Murphy's UFC debut or has she fought before since they only said she was looking for her 1st UFC win?

She lost to Sara McMann on the Bader vs. OSP show last August in a pretty nondescript fight. That was her debut.

After watching the Weight-Ins is this Lauren Murphy's UFC debut or has she fought before since they only said she was looking for her 1st UFC win?

She lost to Sara McMann on the Bader vs. OSP show last August in a pretty nondescript fight. That was her debut.

That's what I thought since they said looking for her 1st UFC win but didn't know who she fought. Thanks! Elsala just incase the predictions thread is locked at 2 or 3 in the morning do you want me to post my predictions in here for you to move later or just PM you my predictions?

That's what I thought since they said looking for her 1st UFC win but didn't know who she fought. Thanks! Elsala just incase the predictions thread is locked at 2 or 3 in the morning do you want me to post my predictions in here for you to move later or just PM you my predictions?

The Legacy show and the Friday Night Fights card will be over by 10:30 p.m. tonight. This card doesn't start until 10 AM CST. The PBC show tomorrow is also in the early afternoon.

Guest Edwin

Gray Maynard apparently forgot what made him at top lightweight at one point of his career until he got rocked and it still didn't help him.

I only watched 2 of the 4 prelims and they were pretty boring and I read the other 2 were no exception. Someone said how entertaining Yakolev vs. Maynard was and I said I disagreed along with everyone else aside from himself and he got offended and how I should go watch Glory 20 if I wanted to see guys striking... Because apparently the grappling exchanges between Yakolev and Maynard were some HQ exchanges...

Guest Edwin

Screw the decision, Al Iaquinta's post fight Cartman reaction is one of the best/worse things in the history of the UFC.