DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Sting 3-16-15

MGFanJay

Do Cena fans whine about him being buried and being reduced to the midcard for two Wrestlemania's in a row when he's arguable one of the biggest draws and merch sellers?

do you honestly believe it's anything close to the same thing?

That would be like Yankees fans whining about not making the playoffs.

I'm a Yankees fan. I want them in the playoffs every year.

Sure, but all other baseball fans don't care.  Be it due to jealousy or just plain apathy,  most don't want to see the Yankees/Cena win again.  Even if they're the best at that time.

That said, Cena would have a decent argument as to why he should always be on top the WM card.  He works with whatever he's given. He likely sells more merchandise than everyone else combined.  He's a good company man.  He can and has gone mainstream with ease. So why is he only working the midcard during WM season?

If Bryan fans can complain, Cena fans can do the same in this specific instance.

Lana will be a huge babyface if she ever dumps Rusev. Probably when her movie is ready to come out.

Her being Russian and Pro-Putin and very good at her character makes it. If they try to turn her into generic blonde diva #45 it's going to bomb. So that is what they will do. They love to split up acts that are awesome.

Sure, but all other baseball fans don't care.  Be it due to jealousy or just plain apathy,  most don't want to see the Yankees/Cena win again.  Even if they're the best at that time.

That said, Cena would have a decent argument as to why he should always be on top the WM card.  He works with whatever he's given. He likely sells more merchandise than everyone else combined.  He's a good company man.  He can and has gone mainstream with ease. So why is he only working the midcard during WM season?

If Bryan fans can complain, Cena fans can do the same in this specific instance.

There is a gigantic difference between being in a "midcard feud" with a largely over heel that the company spent most of the last year building specifically to lose to you, hen to being thrown into an 8 man ladder match.

I don't care how bad the lawyer's accent was, the commentary team shitting all over him and talking during the middle of his promo and some of Rusev's was just infuriating as all hell. and JBL making fun of Cole for screwing up the start time of WrestleMania. I really wish Vince would stop telling them what to say and let three professionals at their job, do their job. All 3 of them are way more tolerable when they aren't being fed every line, word for word. WrestleMania is a good example, after the Undertaker match. I shudder to think what the commentary might have been like for the triple threat if Vince was still in their ear and not with Undertaker in that ambulance.

Jesus christ, when will they take notice of this shit? Short of people just turning off their TV, what's going to make them realize it's things like this that make the viewers at home not want to invest 3 HOURS of their time to the show? Someone on Reddit said it best: It's like 3 roommates watching WWE TV, drinking beers and eating chips, trying to make the funniest jokes they can about what they're seeing (and shooting the shit). UGHHHHH.

• Like 1

Until Fowler complains, your argument is invalid.

This is crazy. Rusev/Cena and Rollins/Orton have been built as the main events for Mania. They received the best timeslots on RAW and the most air time.  Whoever was the first to say it in this thread is absolutely right..  People are pissed off because Bryan was not given a real opportunity to be the man. It would have made sense to give him that chance given how over he was and all the mainstream attention he was receiving which usually WWE loves...   It reminds me of that story where Shelton Benjamin was supposed to have an endorsement deal with Under Armor and Vince told them "nah, how about this other guy"

Vince likes what he likes and it doesn't matter what anyone else has to say including paying customers.

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cena fans aren't complaining because their guy got a 10 year run on top, and 15 world title runs. Just a slight difference from the treatment Bryan has gotten.

Actually, seating here eat my Reese's Freezee, Reigns is really their next Cena as in it feels like they are trying to recapture the Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks with Reigns. Only it's kinda weird in that Reigns isn't as good as Cena in 2005/2006 and I don't think he's going to get any better until they start putting him with bad guys of this day and age.

Vince ain't stupid. The fact that people are showing up to boo Reigns only helps his mindset.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cena fans aren't complaining because their guy got a 10 year run on top, and 15 world title runs. Just a slight difference from the treatment Bryan has gotten.

If Bryan had been given Cena's run, Bryan fans would still be bitching about how heels were allowed to clown the shit out of him without him firing back.

• Like 8

Actually, seating here eat my Reese's Freezee, Reigns is really their next Cena as in it feels like they are trying to recapture the Let's Go Cena/Cena Sucks with Reigns. Only it's kinda weird in that Reigns isn't as good as Cena in 2005/2006 and I don't think he's going to get any better until they start putting him with bad guys of this day and age.

Vince ain't stupid. The fact that people are showing up to boo Reigns only helps his mindset.

1) Cena started out as a "cool heel" when he was doing the rapper thing. I was 15 in the summer of 2003, and you better believe I bought my ass one of those WW logo "Word Life" shirts. Reigns is different. The Shield hid his shortcomings. I know this is a tired talking point on all corners of the internet by now, but at least Diesel had an IC run under his belt before they cut him loose

2) Please tell me more about this Reese's Freezee.

APO, on 17 Mar 2015 - 9:35 PM, said:

JCM, on 17 Mar 2015 - 9:06 PM, said:

If Bryan had been given Cena's run, Bryan fans would still be bitching about how heels were allowed to clown the shit out of him without him firing back.

What heels ever got one over on Cena without Cena beating them in the end?

1) Cena started out as a "cool heel" when he was doing the rapper thing. I was 15 in the summer of 2003, and you better believe I bought my ass one of those WW logo "Word Life" shirts. Reigns is different. The Shield hid his shortcomings. I know this is a tired talking point on all corners of the internet by now, but at least Diesel had an IC run under his belt before they cut him loose

2) Please tell me more about this Reese's Freezee.

1) I was referring to how the vocal part of the crowd would rather boo the guy the E has anointed over spend money on the guy the vocal part of the crowd want to succeed.

2) Reese's Freezee = 16 oz of vanilla and peanut butter ice cream swirled together with chunky peanut butter, chocolate chips and frozen chunks of Reese's.

• Like 2

Not talking about winning or losing a match. I'm talking about Cena being written to let guys like Ted DiBiase Jr. go in on him with stuff that should've never been brought up and Cena never being allowed to ether those guys.

Only it's kinda weird in that Reigns isn't as good as Cena in 2005/2006 and I don't think he's going to get any better until they start putting him with bad guys of this day and age.

Reigns is better than Cena 05 and probably early 06. Like Cena did, Reigns will grow taking on better opponents in singles over time.

I actually think it's completely plausible for Reigns to lose at Wrestlemania at this point. Roman just doesn't have any steam. Even if Brock Lesnar is leaving, I wouldn't be surprised to see Seth Rollins leave Wrestlemania with the title & not Roman.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cena fans aren't complaining because their guy got a 10 year run on top, and 15 world title runs. Just a slight difference from the treatment Bryan has gotten.

Daniel Bryan

Well, he's not a heel.

Yet.

He spent a good portion of the past two Wrestlemania seasons trying to get a title shot he didn't earn. This year Reigns was gonna tell Hunter to fuck off until Bryan basically called him a coward. Bryan is a greedy sneaky heel.

• Like 4