DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R3: AJ STYLES vs. CAVERNARIO

RIPPA

AJ STYLES vs. CAVERNARIO  

105 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE CAVERNARIO

Cavernario, Hechicero, and Rush are the awesomest dudes in the pro wrasslin' right now, bar none.

Guys who voted against Rush and Hechicero in previous "just because" without really taking a good look at their matches need to redeem themselves in the eyes of their creator and their fellow smarks. 

Watch some Lucha and vote Cavernario.

• Like 1

I actually have no problem who wins this.  Styles has been better so far this year largely due to the chances he's been given, and where I thought Cavernario was better last year I do think it was reasonably close and would listen to an argument for Styles.  I'll vote for Cavernario, but I don't care if Styles wins. 

Cavernario, Hechicero, and Rush are the awesomest dudes in the pro wrasslin' right now, bar none.

Guys who voted against Rush and Hechicero in previous "just because" without really taking a good look at their matches need to redeem themselves in the eyes of their creator and their fellow smarks. 

Watch some Lucha and vote Cavernario.

But Lucha sucks :D

I didn't see Cavernario going over here considering the year AJ had.

I could really see him continuing on as neither Rollins nor Neville are all that strong. A final four of Zayn, Nakamura, Rusev, and Cavernario is pretty freaking varied.

Fuck AJ Styles.

Why?

He's a gay bashing douche, would be my guess.

How about you Morelock?

News to me, but what's that got to do with his year in wrestling?  I don't listen to all their shoot interviews or whatever, I just watch the matches.  Explain to me what's so horrible about AJ Styles, the pro wrestler, this last year.

No problem with someone shitting on AJ the person for being a bigot/moron.  Also have no problem with someone letting that effect how they view him as a performer as well...as long as they are consistent.  In other words if you are all "fuck AJ cause he's a backwards jackass hatemonger," I better not see you praising the artistic genius of Dick Murdoch. 

• Like 1

Just for the record - in this matchup - the Fuck AJ Styles is because he isn't Cavernario.

Normally it is because of those fucking gloves

Oh and the neck breaking

Don't make me ban you

I love you RIPPA

But yeah even though I hate watching Lucha, Cavernario is better than AJ...if only because as far as I know Cave hasn't injured anyone and hasn't spouted off some random Tea Party rhetoric.

Though I wonder if that gimmick would work in Mexico...a Mexican who wants the US border closed because people like him don't belong in America.

How about you Morelock?

News to me, but what's that got to do with his year in wrestling? I don't listen to all their shoot interviews or whatever, I just watch the matches. Explain to me what's so horrible about AJ Styles, the pro wrestler, this last year.

He cripples people?

Aside from the gay-bashing, which absolutely is enough reason for me to write him off forever, I've never enjoyed his style of wrestling (whoever said he is basically the Young Bucks was spot on) and don't feel it has substantially improved at any point, let alone over the last year.

I think the tendency to give unwarranted love to gaijins working NJPW has been around since I jumped into the IWC on RSPW 18 or so years ago.

But wasn't it Tatsu's fault for curling up and landing on his neck on the Styles Clash instead of arching back and landing on his face?  Who else did he cripple?  And c'mon bad accidents happen all the time in wrestling.  Do people still hate Owen Hart for breaking Stone Cold's neck?

But wasn't it Tatsu's fault for curling up and landing on his neck on the Styles Clash instead of arching back and landing on his face? Who else did he cripple? And c'mon bad accidents happen all the time in wrestling. Do people still hate Owen Hart for breaking Stone Cold's neck?

Did you read past the first sentence of my post? You called me out by name to get my specific opinion, it's the least you could do.

And if we were discussing who the best worker of 1997 was and people were acting like Owen was untouchable in the time period, I have little doubt that him breaking Austin's neck would come up.

But wasn't it Tatsu's fault for curling up and landing on his neck on the Styles Clash instead of arching back and landing on his face? Who else did he cripple? And c'mon bad accidents happen all the time in wrestling. Do people still hate Owen Hart for breaking Stone Cold's neck?

Did you read past the first sentence of my post? You called me out by name to get my specific opinion, it's the least you could do.

And if we were discussing who the best worker of 1997 was and people were acting like Owen was untouchable in the time period, I have little doubt that him breaking Austin's neck would come up.

Well I watched the Tatsu match posted and felt it was partially Tatsu's fault for the unfortunate accident.  Who else did he cripple?  I just don't understand where the talking point that AJ is unsafe to work with is coming from.

And yes I read the rest of it too!  I don't know of any "gay-bashing" he's done so that sounds unsubstantiated to me.  I can respect the fact that you don't like his style and never have, so you answered my question there.  I was just curious where the "FUCK AJ" line was coming from and now I understand better, thank you.  I just didn't respond to it since I like the Young Bucks and gaijins in NJPW and there's nothing there I want to argue about right now, but I respect your opinion.