DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R2: JOHN CENA vs. HIDEO ITAMI

RIPPA

JOHN CENA vs. HIDEO ITAMI  

123 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

This is terrible, but Itami just didn't have the year he usually does and he's struggling just a bit to adapt to the WWE style. God help me, I voted for John Cena.

• Like 2

People hate on Cena but the dude still takes assbeatings and makes you look like a trillion dollars.

Even though Itami didn't have the year,I voted for him anyway because of Cena's feud with Rusev.  

Cena did not have one promo during that feud that did not sound like insincere bullshit.   He did not sell me on the notion that he gave a shit about winning the US Title from Rusev..

Cena had excellent matches with two previous March Madness winners and doesn't make anyone look good after his matches and feuds.

Except Bray, Bray blew up big after they feuded this year.

Cena makes people look like assholes. 

Now HEATH SLATER, he makes wrestlers look good. 

• Like 1

For Itami to have any chance next year to make a run in March Madness WWE needs to give him his Go to Sleep back if not then he might struggle to make the March Madness field next year.

That's been the main gripe people have with him.  It'd be great if he had that, but is it going to be possible anytime soon?  Odds are he likely can't because there's a lawsuit with Punk going on (I know Itami did it first)  Who knows what's going to happen with that suit, but if could delay the chance of him using that.  It's not entirely his fault.  What he needs though is a consistent finisher that is unique and very effective.  He's still working on that, but hopefully next year it will be established.  We might get the GTS when he's going for a championship on a special, but it's not fair to mark a lack of GTS against him.

But GTS or not I'm very confident Itami will do a lot better in next year's tournament.  For now Cena's winning as she should be.

It wouldn't. You cannot copyright a wrestling move. If one could, Nova would own everything. ;-)

Why would the lawsuit affect him doing a move?

Also, do we really think that one move is the difference between a guy having a good year and not? Very rarely in the history of wrestling has that been the case, and even so, if he needs that sort of a crutch, then the wrestler in question has enough other detrimental flaws to not advance far in the first place.

Because it's been associated with Punk for so long that they might not want people to think that when Itami does it.  I'm not saying it's right, but you never know how WWE thinks and perceives things like this.  Might have been marching orders from top brass, I don't know.

I can see them not wanting him to use it so they don't get Punk chants more than they already do, but if anything, the lawsuit part of it would make them likely to have him do it as spite, as trivial as it would be.

They've handled the GTS thing perfectly, especially for NXT.  If he had just come in and hit it, then they may have gotten Punk chants.  By teasing it, they're building up anticipation for Itami to hit it, so when he does, the pop will be huge and there won't be any Punk chants.  Last night, they were even chanting GTS without him even teasing it.

It is amazing how well booked NXT seems.

If they wanted somebody to do it out of spite, it would for a low-level jobber.  I'd say Ryder but there's a small segment that still likes him.  Has to be somebody nobody could possibly care about.

Why take the risk? He will probably end up doing it in NXT at some point, but I don't think he will ever use it on the main roster and I don't think he should be.

Everyone here knows KENTA used it first, but you know this will only entice CM Punk chants and you know there will still be people thinking they only gave him this move out of spite. It's not like there isn't a precedent for that.

matt-morgan-f5-o.gif

And then there's also the slim possibility that CM Punk might come back at some point.

It can't be that hard to come up with a good new finisher, but if it is, might I suggest the Cattle Mutilation? Perfectly fine finisher, that nobody is using right now.

If they wanted somebody to do it out of spite, it would for a low-level jobber.  I'd say Ryder but there's a small segment that still likes him.  Has to be somebody nobody could possibly care about.

reigns642.jpg

You, sir get a gold star.

Why take the risk? He will probably end up doing it in NXT at some point, but I don't think he will ever use it on the main roster and I don't think he should be.

Everyone here knows KENTA used it first, but you know this will only entice CM Punk chants and you know there will still be people thinking they only gave him this move out of spite. It's not like there isn't a precedent for that.

matt-morgan-f5-o.gif

And then there's also the slim possibility that CM Punk might come back at some point.

It can't be that hard to come up with a good new finisher, but if it is, might I suggest the Cattle Mutilation? Perfectly fine finisher, that nobody is using right now.

I still vote he uses Shibata's Penalty Kick.