DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R2: BLACK TERRY vs. SAMI ZAYN

BLACK TERRY vs. SAMI ZAYN  

103 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I am not sure why I am running the polls anymore since the board has already declared that the greatest person to ever lace up boots is going to win the whole thing.

• Like 1

Is it really that surprising the guy who was the face of the most consistently good promotion of North America is the heavy favorite to win a wrestler of the year tournament?

That wasn't the point of my statement

My point was to highlight the hyperbole used in Round 1

I am not sure why I am running the polls anymore since the board has already declared that the greatest person to ever lace up boots is going to win the whole thing.

It's easy for us to say that now.  In later rounds it'll get tested, that's for sure.  Might need to take a look at the brackets again to see who he would be matched up with.  I get what you mean though.

Won't say much else about Sami, but with all due respect to Black Terry Sami gets my vote.

I think Sami has to be considered the favorite for a variety of reasons, some of which are due to his performances and some of which are due to the current state of pro wrestling booking.

I voted for him here. I love Terry, but nothing I saw from him last year compelled me to vote him over Zayn.

I think there's just as big of a board boner for Rusev. My finals is Sami vs Brock, and I tried voting on how I thought the board would swing, but clearly I should have had Sami vs Rusev in the finals.

Oh and for the record

1) Yes I would be surprised if Zayn wins

2) There is zero percent chance Zayn is the "heavy favorite"

I'm surprised by #2.  20/33 brackets predicted him the winner.  Even if that's unrealistic, the expectation is there.

Yeah, It will be fucking awesome when Luke Harper takes the whole...

Oh..  You are talking about Sami Zayn aren't you?

• Like 1

Oh and for the record

1) Yes I would be surprised if Zayn wins

2) There is zero percent chance Zayn is the "heavy favorite"

I'm surprised by #2.  20/33 brackets predicted him the winner.  Even if that's unrealistic, the expectation is there.

My problem is with the word "heavy"

Saying he is a favorite with folks like Rusev, Rollins, Brock/Bryan winner is one thing. But he isn't head and shoulders above anyone.

It also might be a matter of perspective. I am thinking of it in terms of the 64 guys I put into the field.

In terms of actual bracketing - then I can start to see the leanings in that direction.

Let's put it this way - if we were wagering money. I would take the field

In some ways, there are results from today I'd call unpredictable. Rusev is completely crushing Rush. That makes sense, but UG is holding his own vs Nakamura so it's not just lucha unfamiliarity. It makes me think that Rusev is a much stronger favorite than Nakamura, and it makes me think that Zayn is as well.

The Wild Card is Brock - I think folks are underestimating that

Well that and board backlash.

I think folks forget that the longer this goes - the less votes are about the year and more about spitefullness.

• Like 1

My thoughts of Rollins winning this went down after the first round. I think he is too closely tied to the Authority which is then tied strongly to a big part of the reason why WWE has seemed so listless and boring for just about the entirety of the voting period. He's been good, but his act is kinda getting old in it's current form

Doesn't help that the SHIELD breakup ended up being a gigantic angle that ended with no pay off while it was hot. Fucking that up,so bad is a bigger offense then the Nexus fuckup to me.

I'm not convinced Brock could beat most guys in this. He just doesn't have the quantity. He barely made it past Bryan. I think Rollins or even Neville would have defeated Bryan much more handedly.

But we will see.

I'm not convinced Brock could beat most guys in this. He just doesn't have the quantity. He barely made it past Bryan. I think Rollins or even Neville would have defeated Bryan much more handedly.

But we will see.

Well, he barely made it past Bryan. How many of these guys are as well regarded as him?

But we will see.

Well, he barely made it past Bryan. How many of these guys are as well regarded as him?

Bryan with 2 months of work, and two great matches. Once more, Lesnar has Rusev soon. He is not winning that. He won't even come close.

I think Sami has to be considered the favorite for a variety of reasons, some of which are due to his performances and some of which are due to the current state of pro wrestling booking.

I voted for him here. I love Terry, but nothing I saw from him last year compelled me to vote him over Zayn.

Did you watch the two Hechicero brawls? He was so awesome in those