DVDVR Message Board

UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos (3/14/2015) - Dallas, TX (American Airlines Center)

Elsalvajeloco

The Rio card next is one that didn't hold up, but that was suppose to a smaller, "get people fights" card anyway. They really can't throw good cards at the biggest markets in Brazil until the domestic talent really starts producing again. Even though Brazil is a huge market for them, they may end up scaling the number of cards back the same way they did for Canada (went from 8 cards originally to 3 this year IIRC).

The guys who usually bail those cards out (sans Pezao who may be on his way out) will be fighting on numbered PPV cards like this instead of numbered Fight Nights at some humid Brazilian gym.

Better a stacked PPV than a free Brazil card.  However, even the injuries that tore apart UFC Fight Night 60 ended up giving us Henderson vs. Thatch which was one of my favorite fights of all time.

Guest Edwin

The Rio card next is one that didn't hold up, but that was suppose to a smaller, "get people fights" card anyway. They really can't throw good cards at the biggest markets in Brazil until the domestic talent really starts producing again. Even though Brazil is a huge market for them, they may end up scaling the number of cards back the same way they did for Canada (went from 8 cards originally to 3 this year IIRC).

The guys who usually bail those cards out (sans Pezao who may be on his way out) will be fighting on numbered PPV cards like this instead of numbered Fight Nights at some humid Brazilian gym.

Better a stacked PPV than a free Brazil card.  However, even the injuries that tore apart UFC Fight Night 60 ended up giving us Henderson vs. Thatch which was one of my favorite fights of all time.

You liked it that much?

De Randamie looked good and tuned up Pacheco like I expected. Joe Duffy was straight up Jesus Christ resurrected against Lindsey. It was mentioned on the broadcast that Firas Zahabi said Duffy was moving down to featherweight.

So before the co main for the Predictions contest if Joanna wins do I get a point or do I need JOJO to win the Strawweight belt this year?

Just new strawweight champion is good enough.

So before the co main for the Predictions contest if Joanna wins do I get a point or do I need JOJO to win the Strawweight belt this year?

Just new strawweight champion is good enough.

Cool thanks for answering my question.

Time for Brown vs. Hendricks!

That was my main problem with her in the Ultimate Fighter house (not the Finale she was much better and more well rounded) all she did was wrestling leading toward other things leading to boring wet blanket fights but to her credit no woman could stop her takedowns thus the wet blanket approach. For her next camp nothing but striking training 24/7.

That was....unexpected.

The UFC lightweight division is some Game of Thrones shit. You either win or you die.

John Morgan @MMAjunkieJohn now

Want to be more amazed by RDA? According to @AliAbdelaziz00, dos Anios tore his MCL three weeks ago.