DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: BROCK LESNAR vs. DANIEL BRYAN

BROCK LESNAR vs. DANIEL BRYAN  

166 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I went with Brock, despite being one of those pesky Daniel Bryan fans. To me, Brock's limited schedule has enhanced his aura, much like Hogan in the 80s. If Brock is having a match, I'm watching it. Period. Also the pre-mentioned triple threat was too much to look past. 

The limited schedule will kill him with you dopes who value bland consistency

He's up against Daniel Bryan, not Mizdow

He is the best booked WWE talent in the time period, maybe in the last 15 years.

A vote for Brock is a vote for Heyman!

If the above is true, then you should vote against Brock for what was done to Cesaro.

We will get into the specific matches from the time period as the weekend goes on, but first a quick thought exercise... Close your eyes and picture your potential dream matches of 2015.  How many of them include Brock?

Less than include Bryan.

So, that gif reminds me of another problem with the SummerSlam match: Brock Lesnar swimming in a pool of his own sweat, while Cena, who had supposedly taken the biggest ass-kicking ever, had to feign breathing hard. Brock doesn't have the cardio to advance.

• Like 1

I enjoy the shit out of Brock suplexing dudes into oblivion.  Observer "wrestling move of the year" should be his goofy release vertical suplex.

That being said, I just watched DB drag a very good match out of Roman Reigns so I have to give him a slight edge here.

Bryan single handedly saved Wrestle Mania. There isn't another wrestler on planet Earth that could've got that crowd back after seeing the streak end in a shitty match with Brock. Bryan also had good matches with people other than John Cena during the voting period including a really fucking good one with Roman Reigns.

• Like 1

The main issue I'm having choosing either guy is I am such a Daniel Bryan fan I can't possibly vote against him.  Yet at the same time due to injuries it's hard to actually vote for him.  But he had that championship chase where he looked a million bucks.  If God forbid he was so injured he had to retire after WM would that change how he fares in the voting?  I'd say no, yet when he came back he's had a feud with Kane and an IC title hunt now.  That might have hurt his chances.

On the flip side, Brock's hardly around yet when he is it's memorable.  The SS and Rumble matches alone should make him an easy decision.

For me, it's a matchup between quality and quantity.  With Bryan, even though he's had more matches a lot of them have ranged from good to great.  Tough to choose at this point.  Not sure if anybody is having a similar issue or if I'm just out of my freaking mind.  And as entertaining as the "Vote for Brock or he'll eat your lunch!" comments are, that's not going to sway my vote.

I'm at least happy that this got booked here when it's obviously not going to get booked in real life.

Bryan was hurt for too much of the time period. Brock had the Cena SummerSlam match and the Royal Rumble match. Easy decision here.

This is such an interesting argument against Bryan, since as has been pointed out, he still wrestled more matches than Brock.  He also had the HHH match and his triple threat in the same night, which is kind of impressive by itself, along with doing whatever he can to save the Wrestlemania main event with his Reigns match.

Booking always plays such an interesting role in March Madness.  Poor booking was used against Cesaro, and some people held good booking against Zayn.  It seems like it is used like an excuse to justify votes.  Personally, I think the SummerSlam match was less a match and more an angle, so I'm going to hold that against Brock.

Daniel Bryan could only wrestle 20 or 30 matches in the time period because he was physically unable to wrestle more.

Brock Lesnar only wrestled 4 matches in the time period because every time he does, it costs Vince a million dollars.

Daniel Bryan is pro wrestling

• Like 1

Bryan had HHH's best match ever, and maybe Batista and Orton's best match ever on the same night at the biggest show of the year. He had by far Reigns' best singles match ever in a match Reigns and the WWE desperately needed to be good. I don't think Brock's best stuff tops this especially when you look at the pressure Byran was under and the opponents he had. Plus Bryan has the great Raw match with Rollins, one of Bray's few good matches, and an awesome 40+ minute performance in the tag turmoil match.

Just thinking about the low points for these two guys - how good would a 2014 Bryan vs. concussed Undertaker match have been?  How good would a 2014 Brock vs. Kane match have been?  Neither of those jump out at me as potentially great matches.

Bryan wouldn't have got lost and stood around like an idiot, and there's no way Brock could've worked a 25 minute casket match with Kane and had it be anything better than terrible. Bryan at least got me to watch the whole match, and did as good as anybody could have. How would Mania have gone if Brock and HHH opened the show with another one of their boring matches, and Brock had to come out and revive the crowd and save the show? Brock is a great special attraction, but Bryan is way more consistent, and capable of the same highs.

Does anyone think that Brock would be half as over as Bryan is if WWE actively conspired to kill his heat like they do with Bryan? Or that Brock/Reigns will be anywhere near as good as Bryan/Reigns?

No and No. But it kinds of cuts both ways.

Brock has been booked almost perfectly since Mania. 

Bryan/Reigns was booked much better than Brock/Reigns has been so far. 

Does anyone think that Brock would be half as over as Bryan is if WWE actively conspired to kill his heat like they do with Bryan? Or that Brock/Reigns will be anywhere near as good as Bryan/Reigns?

No and No. But it kinds of cuts both ways.

Brock has been booked almost perfectly since Mania. 

Bryan/Reigns was booked much better than Brock/Reigns has been so far. 

I want Brock/Reigns vs the roster in a tag team turmoil.

Imagine the Brock/Torito interaction.

"Well golly gee, if I don't vote for Brock he'll beat me up!"

You god damned pussies.  I voted for Bryan because it's the right thing to do.  He is a scrappy, little vegan who is going to work to entertain us until his head falls off his shoulders.  Brock Lesnar is a fucking sellout who is going to crawl back to the UFC and break the heart of every cheeto stained troglodyte who complains that the Observer has too much MMA coverage.

If Brock Lesnar comes to my door I'll let him eat my toddler, have his way with my wife and beat me into my god damn grave.  But I will die knowing I voted for the right man in March Madness.  

• Like 6

I can guarantee despite all the bells and whistles Lesnar will not get half as good of a match out of Reigns like Bryan did.  It's sad that he's pretty much the gatekeeper of the WWE for now, but he had a consistently better year.

So much for waiting the weekend, went with Bryan.

+1 for Lesnar. It was close but I don't like this idea that Bryan had "Hunter's Best match EVAR".  It was a very good match. Probably a MOTYC. But let's stop pretending that Hunter was carried in this.

Lesnar, on the other hand, was part of maybe the greatest triple threat match in company history. He also ended the streak in which was a more historic moment (I know some people are voting this way) than Bryan's title win. I loved Bryan winning. It was a little misty in here but it wasn't the OMFG!~!! WHAT THE FUCK?!  moment that Lesnar killing Undertaker was.

The triple threat at Mania was very good but it doesn't match the Rumble triple threat and I've also been told that Orton and Batista did nothing in that match so...  how good could it have been?

The Lesnar/Cena series was awesome as well. Every time Lesnar wrestles it is a big fight atmosphere. I truly believe he could even get me to care about a match with Kane. Bryan wasn't able to do that though not his fault... it is Kane we're talking about. 

Very close but I have to go with Lesnar. Neither man should probably make the final 4.

Voted Brian...because having Brock show up at my house to kill me will make a hell of a story for my kids to tell my grandchildren...who I will never meet.

I voted for Bryan because as much as I like Brock as a talent, I don't think he's worth 5 millions dollars, and if he wasn't around maybe Rusev would be getting his push.  There are other reasons too, but that's what I keep coming back to