1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

BIFF BUSICK

vs. Mike Bailey

vs. Aaron Epic

Also see the Timothy Thatcher match

CAVERNARIO

vs. Rey Cometa - Hair vs. Hair

vs. Titan

Oh sure make me fall in love with both these guys from matches posted in other 1st round match threads and then make me choose between the two of them.

This tournament is a dick.

• Like 1

Yeah this is another horrendous draw.  

I would vote for Busick over every single WWE contracted employee if I was judging on work alone.  Just a great worker who's 4/27 match with Gulak was one of the best matches of year, had a tremendous match with Zack Sabre Jr. from Evolve, had an out of this World series with Mike Bailey, had an excellent series with Thatcher, et.  Has one of the best finishes in wrestling, a cool look, and bridges the gap really well between the more "go-go-go" spot style of modern indie wrestling and the WOS-inspired, groundwork/big strike heavy, style that him, Gulak and Thatcher really started to put on the map last year.  He deserves better than this.

But Cavernario was the best wrestler in the World last year.  

Here who have a kid who is just barely in his twenties, had been working a few times on t.v. for the previous several years to the acclaim of me, Phil Schneider, Bihari, and about four other poeple and he gets his big shot in the En Busca de un Idolo tournament.  And honestly I don't think any of us thought he would hit the kind of home run he did there.  I was REALLY high on this guy, and I never would have guessed he would be the best worker in the tournament (yes better than Hechicero, though I thought Hechicero was the better worker in the final), then go on to take a mask, Cometa's hair in a great match on the biggest show of the year, get a main event title shot against Titan in another great, and be the all star of a bunch of trios, lightning matches, and wild sprints for the totality of 2014. He has the best highspot in wrestling and one of the best finishes.  I don't think there is any question that he's one of the most exciting, and energetic workers to emerge in recent years, but I don't think he gets enough credit for what he is capable of doing in trios (see the 5/23 and 12/30 trios performances from last year which might be my 1 and 2 trios matches of the entire year and he was arguably the best guy in both), ciberneticos, and longer matches like the title and stakes matches mentioned above.  By all means watch him have crazy, balls to the wall, sprints with guys like X-Treme Tiger, Dragon Lee and Cachorro, but that's not all this guy is capable of.  He's an awesome worker, who is way too good to be that young, with a fun gimmick that makes him stand out from the pack.  

I love Busick, my guess is he wins this and it's hard to be mad about a guy I"m as high on as him going to the second round.  But I don't think I'd vote for anyone over Cavernario. 

I'm not as high on Cavernario as, let's say Dylan is, but I'm still really high on Cavernario. The way he brings his character into his matches while still balancing it with the needs of the genre that he's wrestling in and the expectations of the crowd that he's wrestling in front of is a total joy to watch. I think if he doesn't kill himself with his splash to the floor, he'll be even better in a few years.

I like Busick too but one thing I learned this week is that I like him less than Thatcher and Gulak.

So can we do the PWG thing were losers face each other in a big multi-man tag match? Because we already have Thatcher, Akiyama, KUSHIDA, Ricochet, Pentagon Jr., Ishii, Goldust, Dragon Lee, and Big Ryck, and still have to add whoever loses this and more.

Seriously, I'll set up a Cibernetico bracket and we can vote off who gets eliminated when. I'm totally down with it.

• Like 1

So one of these guys goes home, but Mastiff vs. Big Show is a thing. Cool.

I dont think attacking Dave Mastiff will curry any favor with me

• Like 2

Cavernario hates his body, even compared to other insane luchadores. I really like the style that Busick excels at, but I do think he is the lesser of the three (Gulak and Thatcher being the others). I dunno. Someone say something compelling so I can vote.

This is a disappointing matchup for me as well, but for the opposite reason as everyone else in this thread. I was looking forward to voting against both these guys. I don't see how Cavernario is particularly good, let alone great. He looked good in the Hechicero matches, but Hechicero makes everyone look good. Meanwhile, the hair match at the anniversary show was actively awful. And his dive from the top rope to the floor has to be the most stupidly self-destructive signature spot since the diving headbutt. As for Busick, I'll be happy to see all the coma-inducing WOS cosplayers flushed out of this tournament in a timely manner.

Went with Cavernario. He's made the most of his En Busca appearance, especially since he does not have the family pedigree that some of the other competitors in En Busca had. I need to see more of Busick given the praise he gets but I think Cavernario ' s versatility gives him a slight advantage.

Busick - 37

Cavernario - 42

God I really wish I had noticed they were matched up earlier than yesterday when creating the post because I would have totally rigged them away from each other.

Cavernario wins