DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: KEVIN OWENS vs. RANDY ORTON

KEVIN OWENS vs. RANDY ORTON  

109 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

So... I really dig Owens, but he didn't have an amazing year IMO. Still enough to get him past Orton, but don't think he's going THAT deep.

I think Owens is going to benefit from some serious recency bias in that all his good stuff this year happened a month ago. If his year had been reversed exactly, I don't think he has much buzz. 

• Like 2

Yeah, but he's against Randy Orton. So this is an easy one where you don't have to think all that hard to come to the conclusion on whom to vote for.

From the bit of indy stuff he did before joining NXT, he seemed to be doing alright. I was never a big fan of Steen's style and I think the less is more approach at WWE has helped him more than most.

Oh, and he'll get my vote for a while just down to shoving Alex Riley like a sack of potatoes over the announce booth.

Tough since I don't like Owens and generally like Randy, so with Orton definitely going out here i'll just just say he had one of my favorite spots of the year

bb_rko.gif

mad respect for getting up from that (without a broken back), and finishing the match

Owens is good at a lot of things too, but I think he's just starting to show promise with his last few NXT matches vs Zayn & Neville which were both awesome.  I think NXT crowds cheering for him instead of treating him like the heel he should be is hurting him, but that's more a problem with the smart mark fans than it is Owens not being a good heel.

Enjoyed Orton's year so throwing him a vote. Never liked Owens before until NXT where he seems to have improved tremendously and come in to his own to the point where I'm digging him lately while I've always been an Orton fan.

I've seen people say "so and so are overrated!" for the blowouts, and a few people getting "they're underrated" for big blown-out people, especially for foregone conclusions.

Randy Orton only has six votes, is being blown-out first round, and is in the "pity vote" stage.

The less well-known guys on the poll being blown out by better-known guys isn't underrated, THIS IS UNDERRATED.

• Like 1

So if we're all agreeing that the Mania three-way doesn't exist, nobody's going to bring it up for Bryan-Lesnar, right?

Also, what Shield-Evolution six-man tags?

I expected this, but it's still total bullshit.

• Like 4