DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

He got torn to shreds as he always does. "WHAT KIND OF REAL MAN MARRIES SOMEONE WHO HAS KIDS ALREADY?"
I assume this means his ex-wife is getting re-married soon.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Raziel said:

Curt Schilling.  That's all.  

Whenever I see this thread bumped I always think of either "What did Aubrey Huff say now" or "What did Curt Schilling say now."

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I don't think he should be fired because that's a shitty and inexcusable thing to do (and it was), I think he should be fired because anyone who would do something THAT stupid is someone no sane organization should want in charge of anything.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

It's not a matter of it being stupid. It's a matter of living in a culture where there's no real consequence for this sort of thing breeding a feeling of no fear about doing it. 

As a side note, it is a bit disconcerting reading this part of the article:

In December 2017, ESPN obtained the messages after being alerted to their existence by a baseball source. ESPN reached out to the woman, interviewed her and was prepared to report about the allegations but did not do so after the woman concluded her career would be harmed if the story emerged. ESPN has periodically kept in contact with the woman -- who since has left journalism -- and, in recent days, she decided to speak up only on the condition of anonymity because she fears backlash in her home country.

"My number one motivation is I want to prevent this from happening to someone else," she told ESPN through an interpreter. "Obviously, he's in a much greater position of power. I want to prevent that from happening again. The other thing is, I never really got the notion that he was truly sorry."

"I know in the U.S., there is a women's empowerment movement. But in [my home country], it's still far behind," the woman said. "Women get dragged through the mud if your name is associated with any type of sexual scandal. Women are the ones who get fingers pointed at them. I don't want to go through the victimization process again. I don't want other people to blame me."

I have a suspicion as to which country the woman is from, and there was someone on the Cubs roster from that nation in 2016...

27 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Sadly, that applies to a lot of countries to varying degrees.

Dude, I was trying to guess which country he was talking about and it was like scrolling through Netflix when I have no idea what I want to watch.  Too many choices.