DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 9:33 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

ex-Mets manager Mickey Callaway has been accused of being a serial harrasser by 5 women 

https://theathletic.com/2360126/2021/02/01/mickey-callaway-mets-lewd-behavior/

A New York baseball guy named "Mickey" a serial harrasser? Where have I heard this before?

8 hours ago, OSJ said:

A New York baseball guy named "Mickey" a serial harrasser? Where have I heard this before?

Fun story: One of my buddies who sits upstairs behind home plate with the rest of us Section One nutters would always yell out every time Calloway came out of the dugout "You Suck Mickey!" until someone in the section who is a complete asshat texted security complaining and they threatened to kick him out and ban him if he yelled YSM ever again. We still call him the You Suck Mickey Guy to this day. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

How could you still be standing with a BAC like that?

Before I quit drinking 32 years ago that was probably my normal walking around BAC.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31101243/minor-leaguer-jesus-camargo-corrales-arrested-colorado-methamphetamine-oxycodone-found-chicago-cubs-duffel-bag

A minor league baseball player is facing drug charges after police in Colorado found 21 pounds of methamphetamine and 1.2 pounds of oxycodone pills in his Chicago Cubs duffel bag.

The Vail Daily reports Jesus Camargo-Corrales, 25, of Tempe, Arizona, appeared in Eagle County Court on Thursday on charges including unlawful distribution of methamphetamine and oxycodone, both class 1 drug felonies, as well as charges of unlawful possession of each drug, both class 4 drug felonies.

r829612_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=1140&cqualit

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Tabe said:

Couple years ago, Paul Lo Duca lied about Joe West getting bribed by Billy Wagner. Now, he's cutting Joe a big check:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/umpire-joe-west-is-awarded-500-000-in-defamation-lawsuit-against-former-player-paul-lo-duca/ar-BB1fAbJb?li=BB15ms5q

The most stunning thing about this is that it proves it's actually possible to defame Joe West.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Joe West is the fattest, ugliest fucker. I've never seen someone with that amount of fat under where their chin would be.

Also, it wasn't enough that the Cubs are a complete dumpster fire, but multiple players are also fucking dumb when it comes to COVID and flying. Well done, boys.

If I'd known it was this easy to get a custom title, I would have slandered him at any point in the last 3+ years.

The picture I could do without, though...and now my C is green instead of blue.  *sigh*

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

If I'd known it was this easy to get a custom title, I would have slandered him at any point in the last 3+ years.

The picture I could do without, though...and now my C is green instead of blue.  *sigh*

Thanks to you, I went and looked at my own.  At least, you don't have Chest Thumpin' Joe as your pic.

Edit: And now I don't. ?

Edited by Tabe
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The HOF says Alomar will remain in the Hall since he was in “good standing” when inducted

More like, "yeah, the lid on that can of worms ain't coming off." 

• Like 2