DAISUKE SEKIMOTO

vs. Naomichi Marufuji

http://youtu.be/lE5mfliDEqU

vs. Takeshi Morishima

http://youtu.be/NRbTu0nZ3MM

Also see pretty much every Dean post

MINORU SUZUKI

vs. AJ Styles

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22lrf2_g1-climax-24-block-b-match-aj-styles-vs-minoru-suzuki_sport

vs. Daisuke Harada

http://youtu.be/BSjrgptMvLA

I like MiSu A LOT MORE. I'm pretty sure everyone does. When he's on he's way better than Sekimoto and smokes him in absolutely every aspect of professional wrestling. And I'm pretty sure he's going to win in this match-up. I am not exactly an especially big fan of Sekimoto, seeing he's probably my seventh favourite BJW guy or so. But I fully believe he had a better year than MiSu. A lot of that is because of how he was constantly put in positions to have great matches while MiSu was lost in the shuffle, but it's true regardless.

I like MiSu A LOT MORE. I'm pretty sure everyone does. When he's on he's way better than Sekimoto and smokes him in absolutely every aspect of professional wrestling. And I'm pretty sure he's going to win in this match-up. I am not exactly an especially big fan of Sekimoto, seeing he's probably my seventh favourite BJW guy or so. But I fully believe he had a better year than MiSu. A lot of that is because of how he was constantly put in positions to have great matches while MiSu was lost in the shuffle, but it's true regardless.

I don't think it is a lock either way just because I think it is going to be a low vote total (since I could see folks not taking the time to watch).

Plus - folks might just vote on rep and if they do that - who the fuck knows what will happen?

Suzuki was harmed by booking, and can be lazy.  Sekimoto always works hard, and he's kind of a guilty pleasure of mine (not really because I don't have guilt about liking a wrestler, but in the sense that he doesn't fit the mold of what I normally go for), but I don't even think Sekimoto is all that good.  

I mean...if this was Suzuki v. Shuji Ishikawa, I could see voting against him, but Suzuki had arguably the two best matches of the G1 last year (v. Okada who I don't even like, and v. Styles).  Hard for me to rank Sekimoto over that. 

I did watch some AJ vs Suzuki match last week. 

I liked how suzuki had a huge variety of arm offense and how haphazard some of it felt. Just very organic. I also like how he started doing it to counter Styles' unstoppable-seeming nature at the beginning. I didn't necessarily like how the selling was dropped and I was okay with it at some points. Like after the second arm-targeting sequence since it seemed to organically move on but then they went back to it. It was sort of having cake and eating it too. Getting rid of all the interference that i'm sure the fans were expecting in the middle of the match was clever and it ended the first batch of armwork well. I was generally okay with that too, if they weren't going to go back to it. It was still a good match though.

I think my lack of context hurt it. Things like Styles using both arms in the first strike exchange when he really didn't have to bugged me. Not a big deal but why do that if it's more effective just to use one arm. That might be nitpicking but it took me out of it. I did like both the barely hit styles clash and the way the arm work worked into the finish, how he was goaded into using the bad arm which let Suzuki hit that huge punch, which brought the ref in, which allowed the distraction for the finish, but if they were going to use such an eye for detail, then having him not use both arms in the earlier strike exchange mattered all the more, you know? It's one of those elements that I would have really, really loved if it was just built a bit more carefully because it was so clever.

That's what I said about it.

Wouldn't the context just be "Two Guys in the same block of a round robin tournament"?

Or where you more saying context in regards to why wrestler X would do move Y?

The context lacking would stem from "I have never seen a Minoru Suzuki match before" and also "I have seen one AJ Styles match in the last five years."

I asked someone to point me to some AJ before the tournament started because I didn't want to blindly vote against him like I do most years. I thought he had a great performance in the Naito match but that Suzuki looked better than him here. I quite liked Suzuki.