DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: TYLER BREEZE vs. GOLDUST

TYLER BREEZE vs. GOLDUST  

113 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

TYLER BREEZE

vs. Sami Zayn

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dpu37_take-over-2014-sami-zayn-el-generico-vs-tyler-breeze-mike-dalton_sport

vs. Hideo Itami

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2h3eue_2015-02-11-hideo-itami-vs-tyler-breeze-nxt-takeover-rival_sport

GOLDUST

vs. Stardust

http://youtu.be/tQ0b35MPfck

& Stardust vs. Usos - Tag Championship

(Goldust footage shouldn't have been as fucking hard as it was)

Tyler Breeze has awesome matches against Zayn, at least one good match against Tyson Kidd, Hideo Itami's best matches so far for what that's worth, a good fatal-fourway match, a selfie stick, oh and let me remind you, the best music video and theme song combination ever:

I love Goldie, but he'd be better off stepping to Ron than trying to step to all that.

I love Golddust. He was awesome -- AWESOME -- last year. But heel turn Dust Brothers fell really flat, as entertaining as Stardust was for a while.

Tyler Breeze is one of my favorite acts on NXT. He's had a ton of really good/great matches. They've all been against great workers (Sami, Kidd, Neville, Itami) but he never once felt out of place in those matches. Dare I say he also has more presence than a lot of those guys, and that goes a long way? His promos are great and the aforementioned music video and song was great. The selfie stick is awesome, too.

The future is NOW! Vote Breeze!

Man I love both these guys, and I really want to see this match now. 

For what it's worth I did this match in WWE 2K15 some time ago and it was an excellent match

Gotta go with Breeze.  Glad Goldust teamed with Cody as the unofficially named "Brothers in Paint".  But Breeze had some high-quality matches against high-quality opponents.

Tough one. I really dig Goldust and am not that crazy about Breeze's character, but Breeze had better matches than Goldust did in the relevant time period. Both are very talented, but I gotta go with Prince Pretty. I think I low-key wanted him to win the NXT title in that 4 way.

Sooooo tough. If Goldust's year was as good as the one he had the year prior, this is a lock for Goldust. Even still, I think Goldust does a few more things better than Breeze.

So as lame as this is, it comes down to punches and emotion. Goldust throws way better punches than Breeze and there is a fire to so much of what Goldust does. I'm pretty sure it's in the voting period, but Goldust got hurt or something happened in a match and he got so, so pissed. He almost transcends his character, while Breeze hasn't learned to break away from it as of yet. It's close, but it's Goldust for me.

I am trying to decide how much I should let Goldust being anchored to Cody affect my decision

Because since I am old - a selfie stick is a HUGE reason to vote against someone

• Like 1

I don't get the love for Breeze. He isn't bad, the character work is pretty great but all of the "great matches" are with the likes of Zayn, Neville, and Itami - pretty much universally loved here for a reason. Am I missing something in particular?

I am trying to decide how much I should let Goldust being anchored to Cody affect my decision

Because since I am old - a selfie stick is a HUGE reason to vote against someone

Hey, don't underestimate "punchability" as an awesome reason to vote for someone.

• Like 3

I think Goldust's potential failure in this matchup says way less about how good Breeze is than it does about how terrible Cody is. Goldust was fine this year, and had one really great segment where he and Cody heeled it up against the Usos on Raw and just kicked the crap out of them, but there was so much filler. I don't really care about the Tyler Breeze character all that much, but basically everything he has done has been better than the Cosmic Key backstage promos.  

The NXT fetishism has gone to far.  If overness within the DVDVR universe was enough to get Masters into the tourney, and have Cesaro beat Ishii in the first round, than long time DVDVR favorite Goldust should not be losing to Tyler Breeze.  I like Breeze, and if he had a bunch of really good matches I'd certainly consider it, but I can only think of three or four I'd rate, and none out of this world.  That's not enough to retire a godhead. 

But being anchored to Cody/Stardust has hurt Goldust in the eyes of many over the course of the past year. Goldust is better than Breeze will probably ever be but I can see the argument that Breeze had a better year. I have yet to vote because this is a difficult choice because Breeze and Goldie both had good years but I don't think either had a great year.

Dustin's cardinal sin as a heel is this: 

He doesn't understand that no one in the company is as good at working from underneath as he is.

It's the same problem he had in 1996. I don't think there's anyone else in the world right now as good at working out of a chinlock than babyface Dustin. He engages a crowd that will be dead the rest of their night and gets them into it just through his body language and timing. 

The problem is that he'll then use the chinlock as a go to move when he's a heel and it becomes boring as hell because the babyface can't do crap with it. It should work, but it doesn't. 

I don't think there's anyone else in the world right now as good at working out of a chinlock than babyface Dustin.

Digression - watch the recent Kyle Matthews v. Jimmy Rave match. Matthews is probably Dustin's equal at this. 

The NXT fetishism has gone to far.  If overness within the DVDVR universe was enough to get Masters into the tourney, and have Cesaro beat Ishii in the first round, than long time DVDVR favorite Goldust should not be losing to Tyler Breeze.  I like Breeze, and if he had a bunch of really good matches I'd certainly consider it, but I can only think of three or four I'd rate, and none out of this world.  That's not enough to retire a godhead. 

This board is the NXT equivalent of the Observer board and New Japan with a lot of posters. Nothing wrong with that attitude. If you are enthusiastic about something there should be some bias. I still take match recommendations from them. I just go into that match knowing the match is going to be 1 star less than the hype would indicate most of the time. That is a lot better than the 2 stars I often end up having to take off a Meltzer recommended NJPW match. I judge matches based just on what is going on in the ring though. What happens in the build, or what happens in storyline after because of events in the match, doesn't matter usually. So that might be a factor.

I don't see Breeze going that far in the tournament. He missed a lot of time and hasn't been on tv that much. That being said, almost all of his matches are impressive and interesting.

Goldust is hurt because they ran Usos v. the Dust Brothers 1,000 times. Everything just blends together.

The nXt guys benefit because each match feels like a showcase. The main roster guys are hurt because each match feel unimportant.

Can the goldust voters point me in the direction of his top 2-3 matches from the year?