DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: AR FOX vs. TITUS O'NEIL

AR FOX vs. TITUS O'NEIL  

84 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Voted for Titus, though I actually enjoy AR Fox for what he does.  The problem is that Titus is probably the most underutilized guy I can think of, in the sense that if the WWE had a 6'7, ex-football player, white guy, with that charisma, and that physique, I don't think he'd be splitting wins with Jack Swager on Superstars

• Like 3

Is it possible it's more an issue with Titus's age?  If he was younger I'd imagine he'd have a better shot.

Haven't seen much from AR Fox save for one match a year and a half ago.  Like goc it wouldn't be fair to vote based on lack of match viewings from me.  I'll either hold off for now or just abstain from this vote.

I REALLY like Titus and am confused as to why WWE doesn't use a charismatic worker like him better. Those Big E matches on Superstars were way better than I'd have ever expected. He got some WOTYC hype at PWO I believe which was going overboard but it's easy to see why he did.

AR Fox just kills himself doing flips. I haven't seen him do anything particularly offensive or stupid (in regard to the quality of his matches and not his own health/safety) but he does nothing for me.

AR Fox is like the epitome of an Indy wrestler who can literally make his body do anything I could make an action figure do, but somehow never learned to throw a convincing forearm strike. 

That said, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't fuck up his own rumble elimination. 

I see a whole lot bitching and a whole lotta no nominations

Hmmm...

Fair enough.

I should have thrown Swagger's name out there, off the top of my head.

An Uso probably would have handed both of these guys their ass as well.

ETA: Titus has done absolutely nothing this year, so even Fox being the shitty half of that Gulak match should give him the edge here. Matt, you're responsible for this debacle: where are the C-Show gems?

I liked Titus' NXT run. Of course he was in there with Zayn and Neville, but still you could see there's something there. I had to stop the Fox/Bennett match at 6:45 all the business exposing was making my head hurt. Fox's strikes makes RVD look like Vader.

Voted for Titus, though I actually enjoy AR Fox for what he does.  The problem is that Titus is probably the most underutilized guy I can think of, in the sense that if the WWE had a 6'7, ex-football player, white guy, with that charisma, and that physique, I don't think he'd be splitting wins with Jack Swager on Superstars

I am certainly not going to argue that the WWE doesn't have a serious race problem, but they also seem to be weirdly unable to push big guys correctly anymore. Masters, Gallows, Drew McIntyre, Kozlov, whatshis face with the nice crossbody who feuded with Finlay, all solid to great big young athletic guys they just pooped away. Hell look at Swagger who was a NCAA champion, athletic marvel and is stuck trading wins with Titus O'Neal on Superstars

• Like 1

The one exception being Rusev, whose booking has been up there with Rollins' for best this past year. Sheamus has always been a fairly protected hoss too. But, yeah, between size and race, the odds aren't in Titus' favor. 

I think AR Fox needs to do the Pac/Ricochet thing and travel the world and round out his game.  He is talented, athletic, and almost completely unwatchable for me.  He could be a guy I see in a year or two and be amazed how much he improved, or he could remain a super talented dude that I never want to see in the ring. 

I could be more apathetic about Titus O'Neil, but not by much.  He is a big guy who has never done anything that made me care about him...oh except when his manager threw a shoe at someone and yelled, "Yo, momma."  That guy got fired a long ass time ago.  Titus gets a win because I don't actively hate the way he wrestles, I just don't care about him wrestling.

I am certainly not going to argue that the WWE doesn't have a serious race problem, but they also seem to be weirdly unable to push big guys correctly anymore. Masters, Gallows, Drew McIntyre, Kozlov, whatshis face with the nice crossbody who feuded with Finlay, all solid to great big young athletic guys they just pooped away. Hell look at Swagger who was a NCAA champion, athletic marvel and is stuck trading wins with Titus O'Neal on Superstars

I seriously can't think who the fuck this is?

The Pirate guy with the hot second?

The white guy with the terrible dreadlocks who somehow got into a MITB match (or was it Elimination Chamber)

God getting old sucks...