DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: DEAN AMBROSE vs. YUJI OKABAYASHI

DEAN AMBROSE vs. YUJI OKABAYASHI  

88 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Crap, I like Dean Ambrose, but I don't think he had anything above "pretty good" as a singles this year. 

Need to watch a couple of Okabayashi matches between classes this afternoon. 

I think if we had done this six months ago, Dean would have been a top contender. He has been worse since then. I still think he has been entertaining enough with his stuff outside the ring that he deserves to advance.

• Like 2

Remember when they had John Cena telling Dean that he needed to calm down and learn from his elders and understand the long term consequences of these things?

And Dean was like, let me check the archives here.  Ah, yes, we made a transcript:

"FUCK Y)U DAD I"M OUTA HER I CAN STAY AT MY FRIEND KEV'S HE'S GOT A LOFT SPACE DOWNTOWN...YEAH DOWNTOWN!!!! HAVE FUN DEALING WITH MOM'S DRINKING I FUCKING HATE YOU YUO"RE NOT MY DAD ANYWAYS I KNOW YOU BOUGHT ME FROM THAT LADY WHO USED TO SELL CHICKENS AND KIDS IN TEH PARKING LOT AT WOOLWORTHS ANYWAYS YOU SHOULDA JUST BOUGHT THE CHICKEN INSTEAD AND WE BOTH WOULDA BEEN BETTER OFF FUCK YOU AND YOUR GOLF BUDDIES ANYWAYS  I DINT" ASK YOU TO GET ME ANY FUCKING INTERNSHIP AN I DONT WANNA WORK IN SOME OFFICE WITH YOUR OLD FRAT BROTHERS ANYWAY IM GONNA LIVE ON THE LAND AND EAT HOT DOGS AND SLEEP UNDE THE BOARDWALK AND DO FEATS OF STRENGTH FOR FOOD!!! It's THE NEW WAY OLD MAN!!!!  

LONGLIVETHENEWFLESH@!!!!!

LONGLIVETHENEWFLESH@!!!!

Come on, guys.  Don't be the "We've grown up but you haven't" guys.

Remember when they had John Cena telling Dean that he needed to calm down and learn from his elders and understand the long term consequences of these things?

And Dean was like, let me check the archives here.  Ah, yes, we made a transcript:

"FUCK Y)U DAD I"M OUTA HER I CAN STAY AT MY FRIEND KEV'S HE'S GOT A LOFT SPACE DOWNTOWN...YEAH DOWNTOWN!!!! HAVE FUN DEALING WITH MOM'S DRINKING I FUCKING HATE YOU YUO"RE NOT MY DAD ANYWAYS I KNOW YOU BOUGHT ME FROM THAT LADY WHO USED TO SELL CHICKENS AND KIDS IN TEH PARKING LOT AT WOOLWORTHS ANYWAYS YOU SHOULDA JUST BOUGHT THE CHICKEN INSTEAD AND WE BOTH WOULDA BEEN BETTER OFF FUCK YOU AND YOUR GOLF BUDDIES ANYWAYS  I DINT" ASK YOU TO GET ME ANY FUCKING INTERNSHIP AN I DONT WANNA WORK IN SOME OFFICE WITH YOUR OLD FRAT BROTHERS ANYWAY IM GONNA LIVE ON THE LAND AND EAT HOT DOGS AND SLEEP UNDE THE BOARDWALK AND DO FEATS OF STRENGTH FOR FOOD!!! It's THE NEW WAY OLD MAN!!!!  

LONGLIVETHENEWFLESH@!!!!!

LONGLIVETHENEWFLESH@!!!!

Come on, guys.  Don't be the "We've grown up but you haven't" guys.

I'm starting to realize it's going to be on you to keep this board together. Formerly we'd all be united in hatred of Gonzalez or FSW to align us all. That is gone now. Now we are guys who are going to argue and learn to hate each other with no common thread other then thinking your a fucking funny dude.

No pressure.

• Like 1

GUys, Guys, remember when Dean went on that promotional tour?  And instead of promiting the company started a personal security business teaching people how to boobytrap briefcases and secure their stuff?  And remember when we stumbled on the Yelp! reviews for it?

Rating: **

We assumed our new Dean Ambrose alarm system would notify police in case of a break in.  It turns out it just sprayed what Mr. Ambrose calls "justice juice" all over our belongings so the thief wouldn't want them anymore.  It really just made the thief mad, though and he beat me up pretty bad and our cat seems to have...disolved?  Is that the word?  Installation was prompt but customer service seems to be nonexistant.  Like, he literally gave us a tin can and said to yell into it if we needed him.  I asked if he had a cell phone number and he said "Sixty nine" and started laughing.

Rating: *

I went to Mr. Ambrose office, or what I thought was his office.  It was an upside-down "log" from an old flume ride that I think washed into town during Hurricane Katrina.  It had a sign saying "free food to steal" and there was a small pile of I want to say it was some kind of nugget, Arbys maybe, inside a little loop of rope that led under the flume log.  I didn't reach into it and I never found the guy.  I think he was under there because he started whispering something about people taking his food.  I ran away pretty fast.

Rating: ***

Mr. Ambrose promised to make my locker at school "bully proof."  I paid him $14.  He painted an arrow pointing to my locker in this green stuff and then I think he just hid a few lockers down for like three days (it was a long weekend and I don't think he knew how school works).  When the girl whose locker he was in opened it, he bit her....pretty bad...and ran away.  When I got home that night all my shirts were gone and he left a note that said "We wil be a part on eacothrs life now we ar fourevere!"  Anyway we moved away the next month.

Rating: *****

I AM NOT  DEAD BEACUASE I BYE THIS pROTECTIUN!!!  THEY WILL TAKE FUUD OFF YU'R PLATE IF YOUDO"T GET DEAN TO HELP!  I AM NOT  DEAN AMBROSE IF YOU THINK I AM YOU RE DUMMER THAN SETH ORLLINS an HHH.  ALSO T_SHIRTSS HE HAS FOR $1 IF GUY IS OVER  oR 24 CENTS FOR SHEAMUS (PRICE REDUCD FROM 25 CENTS!!!!)  HE CAN ALSO LIVE IN YORU CAR OR HOUS TO PORTECT YOU!!!  HE WILL PORTECT YOU FOUREVERE!!!!
  • Like 1

Guys, rememer when someone handed Dean a bucket of ice water to do the ALS challenge and he ran off screaming about how now he has all the albino gold in the world?  And then was found a few hours later weeping next to a bucket of water screaming "WHY GOD AM I BEING PUNISHED????!!!"

REMEMBER???  HEWASSO GREEAT!!

Does Okabayashi run a network of cleaning ladies at the worst meth motel in each city they go to. Wherever they go, does Okabayahsi pull off from wherever the rest of the convoy is headed and disappear.  In every city, is there an old Chechnyan or Thai lady who has a cold meal, a mattress, and that soapy bucket and sponge in the laundry room waiting for him?

Could OKABAYASHI SURVIVE IN A SQUEEGEE-BASED ECONOMY>?????

Rippa, can we audible and have a Dean Ambrose vs. Batista thread just for Piranesi to make the board amazing?

Meanwhile I am debating disabling piranesi's posting ability

• Like 4

Does Okabayashi run a network of cleaning ladies at the worst meth motel in each city they go to. Wherever they go, does Okabayahsi pull off from wherever the rest of the convoy is headed and disappear.  In every city, is there an old Chechnyan or Thai lady who has a cold meal, a mattress, and that soapy bucket and sponge in the laundry room waiting for him?

Could OKABAYASHI SURVIVE IN A SQUEEGEE-BASED ECONOMY>?????

Welp you got my vote. I can't stop it. 

I have one last chance to salvage any remaining likes from the wreckage of Dean Ambrose' push.  So far I'm at zero. 

But HEY GUYS remember the first night of Dean's Promotional tour from when he somehow ended up inside a box on RAW so he could scare Rollins?

Dean Ambrose promotional tour Web Diary:

August 11: 9:05 a.m.

I was catching some shuteye in my new apartment when I was awoken to find a bunch of guys, like, wrapping my whole place up in orange paper.  This wouldn't be the first time one of my apartments has been mistakenly collected by the local sanitation authorities.  I've written a few letters about this, but apparently most municipalities don't recognize the presence of a paper bag filled with hair as enough furniture to constitute an official place of residence.

Whatever. I was settling down for my free truck ride to my favorite hip discount store "The East Transfer Station" and after awhile I dozed off again.  Last night's briefcase casserole was still making me sleepy.  I think it was the tryptophan in the two Arbees chicken fingers I found floating in that half-full carton of Nestle Quik.  Really good stuff.  Hey, here's a quick internet foody tip: among the types of finger you may end up with in a briefcase casserole, the chicken kind are among the best.  But that doesn't mean you should look down your nose at other types though.  And you could taste the briefcase, you know.

So, I'm woken up not by the sound of scavenger birds, like usual, but by the smell of Seth's conditioner combination.  He uses one kind on the blonde part and another kind on the other part, and a third kind on his chest hair.   It's unmistakable.  So, I took a risk.  I just charged at the wall of my box, even though it was a load-bearing wall and whaddyaknow??? Next thing I'm pummeling his fucking rat face in the middle of RAW!

A perfect end to a pretty good Monday.

Tonight: Binge-watching "Cockroach is the New Bedbug" (inside joke, but yeah, I'll probably be playing with my bugs).

P.S. THEY'RE ADVERTISING CRISSLEY AGAING WAHTTEHIFUCK IT JUSTENDED@@!!!1!!!!

kisses,
Dean

Tonight's promotional tour statistics:

New network subscribers: 0

refrigerator-box shacks converted to open floor plan: 1

locks of dyed-blonde highlights added to outsider art concept piece "Chair made out of hair in a bag": 3

• Like 2

I gotta be real, I spite-voted Okabayashi just because of these Ambrose posts. 

March Madness is about hatred, and with no FSW, I needed something else to feed off of this year.

Plus, that Rollins/Ambrose lumberjack match was so beyond awful that maybe I'll just vote against Ambrose every round to retaliate in some small way for having had to sit through it. Those are twenty minutes that I'll never get back. 

THIS IS BACKFIRING HORRIBLY!!!!!!  THE ONLY LOGICAL RESPONSE IS TO DO MORE OF THE SAME!!!!

DEAN AMBROSE PROMOTIONAL TOUR: NIGHT 1

Spoiler

2013_01_08_barfly.jpg

"You can't fuck.  You can't drink. 

...and you can't fight.

Oh, and don't forget to subscribe to the WWE Network!!!!"

Results so far:

New subscribers to the network: 0

shots of whiskey licked off the top of the bar: 1/2

fights won against Frank Stallone: 1 (out of 2)

hours spent stroking Fay Dunaway's legs before passing out: 1/4

I will have to admit that I have not seen a ton of Okabayashi but I haven't been especially impressed with his desire to stand there and trade strikes with people.  I think I have just sort of moved on from where that is of interest.  He's not as bad as Ishii to be fair in that regard, but he doesn't have Ishii's charisma either.  He really feels generic in a Japanese promotion kind of way.  He seems very replaceable in his matches.

Dean's been on a downturn after looking like he could break out in the first part of the year.  I think this round is his though.

Man, I want to vote Okabayashi after watching a bunch of his matches from Jan and Feb but he just didn't work enough last year (20 matches according to wrestlingdata.com). He's like what I'd like to see out of Ryback (minus the Japanese convention of having a minimum of 3 strike exchanges throughout a 10 minute match). He also forms one helluva hoss team with Sekimoto. I dig him a lot.

Ambrose was so sooo good for a while there. Then he became a parody of himself, complete with shitty props and getting too cutesy with his promos and character. Austin's criticisms of Ambrose are spot on. He needs to tone it down and veer a little more towards psychopath. He can do this while still being a babyface. His match with Rollins posted by Rippa was incredible but then he kept trying to recapture that match and never accomplished it. He's had a string of really disappointing PPV matches, though the blame is shared on that. He still has massive potential but he needs to adjust a few things.

I'm going to watch some more of the Okabyashi matches from the period of eligibility. Right now I'm leaning towards a reluctant Ambrose vote.

Ambrose was so sooo good for a while there. Then he became a parody of himself, complete with shitty props and getting too cutesy with his promos and character. Austin's criticisms of Ambrose are spot on. He needs to tone it down and veer a little more towards psychopath. He can do this while still being a babyface. His match with Rollins posted by Rippa was incredible but then he kept trying to recapture that match and never accomplished it. He's had a string of really disappointing PPV matches, though the blame is shared on that. He still has massive potential but he needs to adjust a few things.

See this is the question of was it his say, or the company that books him and, in theory, writes his promos and lays out his matches.

Ambrose:

-has shitty punches

-doesn't bleed

-is too stupid to win a match on PPV

-desecrated Tenryu's divine combo by throwing shitty punches

-is not japanese

Okabayashi:

-LIFTS

-does left handed Lariats like Stan Hansen

-is japanese

-hasn't had a TV explode in his face

-would no sell all of Ambrose's shitty offence and then Powerbomb him