DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: RAMPAGE BROWN vs. HIDEO ITAMI (KENTA)

Rampage Brown vs. Hideo Itami  

78 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

I am pre-emptively going to declare that you all suck

Itami is really really good but he nowhere near had the year that Rampage Brown did.

Y'all hate the UK as much as you hate Mexico

I am pre-emptively going to declare that you all suck

Itami is really really good but he nowhere near had the year that Rampage Brown did.

Y'all hate the UK as much as you hate Mexico

I would have voted Spud over Itami. :)

I love UK wrestling...

You have to get to about Earth 7 before you find one where Rampage is better than Itami.

I love you but like Fowler and Craig - you say some stupid shit

• Like 1

I have to be honest; I don't think I've seen a KENTA/Itami match this year that I thought was that great, really. I actually watched that Mason Ryan match, and it was probably better than most of the stuff I've seen from his opponent.

I need to think about this. 

Voted Rampage because I've watched a bunch of him this term and he always comes off as completely genuine in a world where everyone is 'in on the joke'.  The guy's execution is on point almost 100% of the time and the man just crushes muthas with that piledriver.  He also seems to me to be a good base and makes everything look good and earned when other blokes go on offense.

Itami has been solid to me but not spectacular.  I don't think he's come out looking like the better wrestler yet coming out of the feud with Breeze and got completely overshadowed by Balor in their tag team.  A lack of finish in NXT is hurting the guy as well as he's going through like 4 of them in what seems like 3 months and none of them are nearly as over as the finish he's been teasing the same amount of time.

I really like Rampage, but I didn't watch much of his work last year, and very little of it was hyped.  If the date on that Ryan match is correct it's not even relevant to this tournament.  I'm abstaining for now. 

December 2014 isn't relevant to the last 12 months? Or am I reading the European date setup wrong?

I really like Rampage, but I didn't watch much of his work last year, and very little of it was hyped.  If the date on that Ryan match is correct it's not even relevant to this tournament.  I'm abstaining for now. 

How is Dec 20, 2014 not relevant?

I watched the Ryan match. I am sort of easy on Mason because he was Orig Williams' Great Welsh Hope and it's obvious he tried. Moreover, I thought Mason did a very good job of interfacing with the crowd who really wanted to cheer for him. I don't care who he's facing though: a guy his size should never use a backslide as a hope spot. It's ridiculous. Brown timed the hope spots and cut offs and crowd interaction pretty well. between that and the fact that I haven't been enthused by Itami's flourishes over substance NXT run so far, I think I'll toss Brown the probably meaningless vote. I mean he tapped his head on the outside after the transition. That defused the Bayley gif right there.

This kind of pains me to do it, but I can't vote for KENTA/Hitami.  He came in with that awesome reaction and hype, but his matches aren't on the level that it should be.  Something's missing, but he's starting to find it little by little.  It's not his fault at all, maybe more to do with what he'd be able to bring in an NXT environment.  Maybe next year will be a lot better for him.

So yeah, Rampage gets my vote and I'm okay with that.

I don't feel like Itami has had an NXT match this year that I thought he was the best part of. Rampage Brown has been really great. I'm going to vote for all Brits as long as I can in this like some of you do for Lucha. This is Progress has had fun stuff this year.

It's somewhat hard to find some of the Brits online, but Rampage is all over Daily Motion.

I watched a couple shorter matches including the one below. He's good on the mat, works to make holds look like they're having an effect instead of just laying there, and is fun to watch. Yeah, I have no problem voting for him here.

Has everyone seen

Big Damo? Jeezus Ireland is producing some hosses!

I love Rampage, he has that sweet jumping pile driver and has some great matches out there on YouTube. Kenta wasn't lighting it up in Noah, but his NXT stuff has been great. Tough one.