DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

Entourage's 5th season was legit good as far as I remember, after that it was complete drek sprinkled with the occasional funny gif from Fat Spanish Waiter.

Is season 5 the Vince on drugs season? Because that was so weird. 

I thought it was good, but not what a fan would want to see.

Entourage's 5th season was legit good as far as I remember, after that it was complete drek sprinkled with the occasional funny gif from Fat Spanish Waiter.

Is season 5 the Vince on drugs season? Because that was so weird. 

I thought it was good, but not what a fan would want to see.

Nah. Drugs is the 6th and the lame recovery/everything is alright is the 7th season.

Those took a lot of strong will to get through.

Okay, so Fox is reportedly developing THE EXPENDABLES as a TV series with Chuck Norris leading a cast of legendary TV tough guys. WHO YA GOT?

They could probably get a lot of stars from the movies.

The article I read said the concept was going to be "Iconic TV Badasses Team Up!" so I don't think they plan on using any of the movie actors. Yes, I know Norris had that cameo but his biggest fame was as Walker Texas Ranger so he's more of a tv guy anyway.

When I read the story, literally my first two thoughts were: Jack Bauer and Vic Mackey.

If you put Chuck Norris and those two together in one show, you really wouldn't need anybody else since they could basically take over the world within six weeks. Although just to toss a couple other names out there: I'd like to see Sawyer from Lost in it. Can't believe his post-Lost career has basically been non-existent so maybe going back to being part of an ensemble would help get him back on track. Also, I think they should throw a wrestler in there since wrestling is primarily a TV thing - Austin would be my #1 choice but I think Cena would also work.

I just watched the first two episodes of Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt. It is absolutely brilliant. Ellie Kemper deserves every award. A+.

It's a great time for weirdo comedy as we have this, Last Man On Earth, and Broad City. And probably 5,000,000 other things.

Okay, so Fox is reportedly developing THE EXPENDABLES as a TV series with Chuck Norris leading a cast of legendary TV tough guys. WHO YA GOT?

They could probably get a lot of stars from the movies.

The article I read said the concept was going to be "Iconic TV Badasses Team Up!" so I don't think they plan on using any of the movie actors. Yes, I know Norris had that cameo but his biggest fame was as Walker Texas Ranger so he's more of a tv guy anyway.

For me it would only work if they were the actual characters they played in the old shows, so Walker would move up to U.S. Ranger and travel the country teaming up with the likes of Sonny Crockett in Miami to take down some cartel, Ponch and John in LA investigating a car theft ring and maybe head over to Hawaii for some R&R at Robin Master's estate but get's caught up in one of Magnum's cases.

• Like 1

Lol, if you;re really young, maybe.  I'm not a Chuck Norris fan, so I've never paid that much attention to him, but I do remember him being a big office draw from the late 70's - early 80's.  I don't think he's done much tv work aside from Walker, and I assume he only turned to tv after his films stopped drawing (IMDB indicates most of his films in the late 80's/early 90's went straight to video).

I just watched the first two episodes of Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt. It is absolutely brilliant. Ellie Kemper deserves every award. A+.

It's a great time for weirdo comedy as we have this, Last Man On Earth, and Broad City. And probably 5,000,000 other things.

The only bad thing about "TUKS" is I'm going to be done with it this weekend.

Just remember, NBC went with "The Slap" over this.

I think it would be kind of weird to have people like Chuck Norris and Kevin Sorbo act at length in scenes with tremendous actors like Keifer Sutherland and Michael Chikilis.

Sort of like the Sofia Coppola/Al Pacino scenes in Godfather 3 where the gap in acting ability is so huge it distracts from everything else.

Just about done with The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt. This is an A+ of a series. It's so, so, so, so, so funny. I laughed out loud several times during every single episode. It's one of the best comedies in recent memory and probably even past that. Ellie Kemper is a total star.

So they got Robert Forster to play Backstrom's father. This show rules.

One thing I'm loving about them slowly peeling back the layers on Backstrom's character, is that they are making you wonder if all these shitty things really happened to him as a kid, or if he has just blown them up to epic preportions in his mind.  He kinda comes off as someone who blames his childhood on why he is the way he is.  So many people did so many awful things to him(according to himself), but he is such a stubborn ass that it stands to reason that Backstrom is the cause of his own problems, and everything else is exaggerated so he doesn't have to face any of it.

KIMMY SCHMIDT is really, really good through episode 10. Things take a weird turn in ep. 11, which should be hilarious given the guest stars involved, but in fact, kinda messes with the flow of the show, since its set apart from the doings in NYC. We'll see how they pull it together in the end.

That said, boy, the joke about "binge watching it on Netflix!" in "Kimmy Has A Birthday!" really plays weird given the show's new context. For that matter, making the payoff to that episode a comical rendition of Katy Perry's "Firework" falls flat in our post-INTERVIEW world.

Guest Edwin

This week's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is them playing Family Fight (Feud) and it's glorious!

Agreed. Best sitcom currently on TV.

Togetherness: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. So fucking soul crushing. No show puts a pit in my stomach like this one. The season finale was no different. For 20 minutes I had a feeling of dread that I hadn't felt since it a year and a half or more.

It hurts so much, and yet, I can't recommend it enough. Seriously. Everyone should watch this.

Just burned through Justified season 3 this week, really enjoyed it.

But...

Did anyone else find the back half of the season a bit confusing?? All the "bad" guys (Quarles, Limehouse, Boyd) making deals and then double crossing each other had me a bit confused at times.

Neal Mcdonough as Quarles was outstanding though.

EDIT:Didnt wanna post in Justified thread so i can avoid spoilers.

The only bad thing about "TUKS" is I'm going to be done with it this weekend.

Just remember, NBC went with "The Slap" over this.

Thank God for that, because NBC's fuckery would've likely cancelled it anyways. Instead, Netflix is already down for two seasons.