DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

We're sorry Wade, but you're not the one we want getting over. I bet if Roman had that catch phrase Vince would have it on every piece of merchandise he could think of. I DON'T GET IT. ITS GREAT BUT NO ONES CHANTING IT WITH YOU.

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news............I'm wrestling tonight."

• Like 1

What the hell is the point of wrestlers (or "superstars") if you don't want them to get over?

They want them over. Its more that they don't want heels getting cheered which with today's' audience an over catchphrase would likely lead to happening. I can sort of understand though it is dumb.

Why do they care? People are getting themselves invested and having fun with something on their show, which is in short supply these days. So what if he's not a "good guy". I know that's what they're thinking, but it's fucking stupid and makes me furious.

There's just way too much in WWE I don't get it. If someone gets something over, you roll with it. It's that simple. This is why no one cares about anything happening in WWE. Whether you love them or hate them, if they aren't Cena, Reigns or a similar company hand picked guy, you're doomed.

WWE is a giant no-fun zone right now with them taking away signs, making people take off costumes and not letting the people cheer and boo who they want. Then they wonder why people try to sabotage their shows.

• Like 2

What the hell is the point of wrestlers (or "superstars") if you don't want them to get over?

They want them over. Its more that they don't want heels getting cheered which with today's' audience an over catchphrase would likely lead to happening. I can sort of understand though it is dumb.

Why do they care? People are getting themselves invested and having fun with something on their show, which is in short supply these days. So what if he's not a "good guy". I know that's what they're thinking, but it's fucking stupid and makes me furious.

The thing I really don't get is they'll pull shit like this, yet when Cena gets booed, they say "well as long as there paying to watch him, who cares". The double standard is almost insane.

• Like 1

The thing I really don't get is they'll pull shit like this, yet when Cena gets booed, they say "well as long as there paying to watch him, who cares". The double standard is almost insane.

It's almost like they're playing favorites...

• Like 1

So reports are that Bray just hurt his ankle working out in ring.

Whose excited for Taker vs. Erick Rowan?

Are people really that excited for Taker/Wyatt?

Beyond the entrances, match will probably be rubbish.  Just do the entrances and let Taker do the fingerpoke of doom to win in eight seconds.  Fans won't go home any less happy.

So reports are that Bray just hurt his ankle working out in ring.

Whose excited for Taker vs. Erick Rowan?

Are people really that excited for Taker/Wyatt?

Beyond the entrances, match will probably be rubbish. Just do the entrances and let Taker do the fingerpoke of doom to win in eight seconds. Fans won't go home any less happy.

There are tons of people who would get mad about being screwed out of seeing Taker work a match, regardless of match quality, considering we can count on one hand the number of matches he has left before he's done for good.

The Rock is hosting SNL tonight.  He's usually pretty funny, of course just like in the WWE shitty writing on there can hamper just about anyone.

Is this the first time he's hosting since the legendary Attitude era episode where Mankind and Big Show came on with him?

This is Rock's 4th time hosting, so no. 

If CM Punk hadn't walked after the 2014 Royal Rumble, where would be be in WWE now? He was slated to face HHH at Mania last year. Would that have still happened, or would the Yes Movement have derailed that plan as well? After that, where do you think he would've gone over the course of the next year? And what role would you have seen him playing in this year's Mania?

Who do ya got for the annual post-WM future endeavorings? I'm thinking Adam Rose, maybe Xavier Woods, Heath Slater and possibly one, if not both, Matadores. Hopefully, Hornswaggle, as well. 

I think they just let people's contract run out these days instead of doing a mass endeavoring.  The last time they did a mass firing was when the stock price plummeted.

• Like 1