DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

"You get a big reaction from a crowd like that in Abu Dhabi and I wonder how do these people in Abu Dhabi know who I am? It is hard for me to understand I am on television and people around the world watch me every week in a country I have never even been too."

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/other/qa-with-wwes-dean-ambrose-on-wrestlemania-life-away-from-the-shield-and-crowd-reactions

I'm sure Piranesi has more insight into Ambrose's state of mind. 

• Like 1

"You get a big reaction from a crowd like that in Abu Dhabi and I wonder how do these people in Abu Dhabi know who I am? It is hard for me to understand I am on television and people around the world watch me every week in a country I have never even been too."

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/other/qa-with-wwes-dean-ambrose-on-wrestlemania-life-away-from-the-shield-and-crowd-reactions

I'm sure Piranesi has more insight into Ambrose's state of mind. 

PIRANESI, GO!

"You get a big reaction from a crowd like that in Abu Dhabi and I wonder how do these people in Abu Dhabi know who I am? and then I remember that tuna cans float and that all my short stories and poems that I scratched onto tuna can lids with my fingernails probably made their way here over, like, the sea or something.  And I wonder if any of the merpeople tampered with them.  Like, do these Abu Dhabi guys know my real poems or only the ones that the merpeople have messed with.  I really need be careful, you know.  They might think I only write tuna can lid poems about, like, making out with merpeople.  And really I only wrote a few like that.  Most of my poetry is not about sex with sea monsters.  A lot of it is just asking for stuff, mostly more tuna."

PIRANESI, GO!

• Like 12

- WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett told Sky Sports this week that he stopped delivering his "I'm afraid I've got some bad news..." promos because WWE officials told him to as fans were joining in on the promos and cheering him. Barrett teased picking back up on the bad news after WrestleMania.

Fuckin assholes.

When did that technically start? I know that they cheered Demolition at WM IV. Or Randy Savage in his IC Title victory over Santana. Stupid internet marks.

There was also Jake The Snake being cheered after DDT'ing Hogan on The Snake Pit. 

When did that technically start? I know that they cheered Demolition at WM IV. Or Randy Savage in his IC Title victory over Santana. Stupid internet marks.

You had the Front Row, Sction D guys in the Carolinas and the Center Stage crowd cheering Flair and the Horsemen and the MX.

And before that, the popularity of Billy Graham and the rejection of Bob Backlund as WWWF champ in the North east

in the attitude era, everyone had a catchphrase. the crowd went wild chanting along with it.

"Hey Road Dogg, we're gonna need you to stop doing that thing in your intro, that's not the reaction we want..."

"Hey Rock, we're scrapping your promo time, you're getting the wrong kind of heat..."

"Hey Austin, we want you to cut down the 3:16 stuff, the fans are catching on..."

You'd think they'd learn after 20 years that fans will chant along with any catchphrase. If they don't want that reaction don't give heels catchphrases, pretty simple.

• Like 2

We're sorry Wade, but you're not the one we want getting over. I bet if Roman had that catch phrase Vince would have it on every piece of merchandise he could think of. I DON'T GET IT. ITS GREAT BUT NO ONES CHANTING IT WITH YOU.

What the hell is the point of wrestlers (or "superstars") if you don't want them to get over?

They want them over. Its more that they don't want heels getting cheered which with today's' audience an over catchphrase would likely lead to happening. I can sort of understand though it is dumb.

Yeah, dude, it totally worked for Cesaro. So much heat in the last year.

(I know what you're saying and I'm not criticizing you, just WWE - a truly groundbreaking act on this here message board and internets).

• Like 1

Barrett also said that people wanting to steal the show and don't care if they want are losers.

But then again, he was getting more over than the people he was facing because he was fucking happy to be there. I know this place likes to bust their nuts over hossy minorities, but Big E was terrible last year. RVD couldn't got away fast enough and 9 out of ten times Wade faces Sheamus, Wade is going to lose.

and 9 out of ten times Wade faces Sheamus, Wade is going to lose.

That's ridiculous.  Wade would never lose to Sheamus 9 matches out of 10.

He'd get injured after the third match and sit at home for the rest of the year, forcing the company to rebook  matches 4-10.  Sheamus would then beat Fandango seven times in a row.

• Like 9